• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Mario. Your recordings are excellent. Can I have a code as well?

pma

Major Contributor
The codes do not work on smartphones.

I hope no one listens THIS music on smartphones .....

Once again, excellent recordings. Clean sound, very good localization, and the space information is natural even with headphones.

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

The soundstage does not reach outside the speaker base. I had expected a somewhat broader soundstage.

Here is a sketch with the position of the musicians during the recording sessions.
From left to right French horn, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon.
The person in red represents the placement of the mics.
TRTsextet.png

OP
Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez

I have been asked about the material on previous threads...

On our previous threads we were sharing previous calibrations.

Our project is about developing a truly transparent audio recording system. To achieve this we have been developing new versions of our calibration over the years. Every time we had some new calibration that we though was a breakthrough we shared it in the forums to check the results.

All our albums are always updated to that latest calibration so we no longer have the material that we shared on previous threads. If you have previous versions of these albums that you enjoy you can buy the updated version with the latest 2.0f calibration on our web page.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Interesting project.
would like a code please.

edit: code received, thanks !

Last edited:

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, please! :) would love to hear it.

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Another request for a code please.

astr0b0y

Here is a sketch with the position of the musicians during the recording sessions.
From left to right French horn, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon.
The person in red represents the placement of the mics.

Thanks very much for the gift code and the layout diagram. My daughter and I listened casually this morning while getting her ready for school (she’s been learning flute for a few years now) - very enjoyable. I plan to do some more formal listening with her and see if she can place musicians correctly in the soundstage. I’m positive I can now that I’ve seen the layout :)

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I would like to be in on this- and will be delighted to return the favor by mentioning it in any reviews where I use this as source material.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The codes do not work on smartphones.
Do you need another code?
Did download with the laptop no problems.
The clean imaging was what i meant. Must say excellent recordings. Also piano's Stay put. If i listen to some Ahmad Jamal recordings the piano is Sometimes as wide as the space between 2 speakers a bit unnatural imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom