• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
very beautiful music, I love the richness of the woodwinds in the first track. I havnen't heard a good quintent recording since highschool. what is it about french music that has a certain sound to it? I can't really comment with full confidence about the mastering because I have no point of frame of reference, but what strikes me is the old school sound, I guess this is how a lot of older recordings were mixed because I am reminded of soundtracks from older french cinema, it has a very similar sound signature. thank you very much for the free album.

jjk

Forum Donor
Oui Monsieur, s'il vous plait.
Merci beaucoup.

Apesbrain

I'd like a code, thanks.

EDIT: Received and thank you. A very nice recording!

Last edited:

nm4711

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound.

You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound
This sounds very interesting. I have never listened to something like this before and would love to give it a try.

TimDH

Forum Donor
Can I get a code? I have several of you recordings- lovely!

pma

Major Contributor
Hi Mario,

thank you for sharing this. Live acoustical uncompressed music, that is what we should seek for if we are in this hobby and interested in high fidelity, close to original sound reproduction. I especially like the "Sextet for piano and winds".
There is only one small issue, a constant industrial 50-60 Hz hum in the background. Looks like air condition or ventilation system? Except of that, I am very satisfied with the sound. Good job!

StevenEleven

Forum Donor
I would like one as well. Thank you so much!!

BillH

Forum Donor
Once more I am coming back to the forum to share our latest work with you all.

Many of you already know about our research and have greatly contributed to making it work with your valuable feedback. I am extremely grateful for this so I would love to share this last work with you which I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound. You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

This particular album with sextets for piano and winds by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix, will be released on February 19th 2020, but as of right now it will be available to all ASR members as a free master file (24/96) download. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download the album.

Of course, as always, feedback is welcome but not mandatory to receive and enjoy your album :)

View attachment 48367
Mario,
This is the first I've heard of your efforts and I'm interested to learn more. I would love a download to the album if possible.
Many thanks and best of luck in your efforts

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Me, too, please.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Code please, I want one.

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
Please add me to the list

Thanks, Tillman

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thank you Mario for once again making us a generous offer.
Have you ever considered making a 5.1 channel mix?
Something like that would be very appreciated by the multichannel lovers.
TIA, Sal

jhwalker

Once more I am coming back to the forum to share our latest work with you all.

Many of you already know about our research and have greatly contributed to making it work with your valuable feedback. I am extremely grateful for this so I would love to share this last work with you which I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

For those who do not know about our project, these recordings are all made with just two mics. No mixing and mastering involved. Just a stereo pickup and a calibrated system to produce the most transparent possible sound. You can read about it at: http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

This particular album with sextets for piano and winds by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix, will be released on February 19th 2020, but as of right now it will be available to all ASR members as a free master file (24/96) download. All you have to do is ask and I will be happy to send you a gift code to download the album.

Of course, as always, feedback is welcome but not mandatory to receive and enjoy your album :)

View attachment 48367

Please send me the code - thanks!

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Please send me the code. Much appreciated!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Fantastic news, may I get a code as well, please? Need to check the imaging on my system, and love this kind of music!

Top Bottom