• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Planning room eq like this...

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not so long ago you were a strong advocate for aligning subwoofers to mains, what happened?

Thats something different to what is being discussed here I believe. The aspect I could possibly be desribed as a 'strong advocate' for would be in relation to phase matching in the crossover region to minimise cancellation, but the OP has said nothing about crossovers.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Using a Mac - so options seem to be more limited.

I've just ordered UMIK-1 direct from MiniDSP.

Which I will use with REW to create FIR filters in Wav format to add to LA convolver in Soundsource, for system wide eq.

I've got a lot of learning to do with REW I suspect. I'm sure I'll be back when the mic arrives for help. But am I missing anything fundamental? Any other approaches which I can take with free/low cost tools on a mac which might give better results.

Thanks
I was more or less in the same situation. Found REW to complex. Than i came across Mathaudio room EQ for free with Foobar2000 setup is way more easy than REW. Mathaudio has also a systemwide solution. Till to day i'm impressed with the results.

Last edited:

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Top Bottom