• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pioneer VSX-LX60

Robesini

Hello i am new here and i own a Pioneer VSX-LX60 AV-receiver.
I am pleased with the sound quality.

Because it is more than 10 years old and has not that many HDMI inputs and outputs it is time to get a replacement.

Amirm is doing all nice kind and interesting research and measurement on audio equipment.
Is there a technical test for the Pioneer VSX-LX60 available to compare distortion and power output to more recent models so i can decide which modern receiver will perform like the Pioneer.

And maybe i am wrong and the Pioneer has a lot of distortion etc, from what i hear Pioneer is not the best brand around. Please notice that i do not use any calibration. The only thing i do is putting the speaker distances in the manual calibration menu and than use my phone to level the volume of each channel used to the same level on my listening position. Don't know if that is accurate but the result is what i like.

Please post a test for the Pioneer VSX-LX60? so i can look which receiver is suitable for my needs. Properly a Denon. I also like the looks of Arcam and the Slimline of Marantz. Just wondering if the Marantz slimline av-receivers can match or have better test results for the specs and distortion. Also curious to know which price tag i need to consider. Not every one is in the market for the super high end. Just one which has decent sound and options.

OP
R

Robesini

IMG_8693.JPG

OP
R

Robesini

I can only say i picked up the pioneer receiver for 100 euro and the rotel rmb-1506 for 499 euro (it has cosmetic scratch i can 't see it now). Great thing about the rotel 6 channel amplifier is that it is not digital it is an analog ab amplifier with a great power supply. this combination for me sounds terreffic. The main concern is that i can not use a 12v trigger to power both devices on the same time. So i need a real pre-amplifier replacement for the Pionee. I mean to say that the current drow both starting up will cause my internal grid to switch off. This Rotel amplifier is there to handle more difficult 4Ohm loads to my chario speakers and it souds great. What can i say for 100 euro for the pioneer spend i am very happy. Looks great to not that many buttons. There is a second hand Arcam pream arround on the secondhand market but that needs some different budget.

Kalan

hi, i know this thread is old, i am also new and i own a pioneer vsx-lx60, reading through you post, you not setting it up correctly and also did you select the correct ohms for your speakers on the reciever to match your speakers, then let it auto calibrate, you will be amazed. second if you need better decoding there are better recievers but they lack in the audio,
side, the good thing though is that the lx60 has a multi channel inputs so you can use it as a power amp

Top Bottom