• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pioneer VSX 1123K- How good is it? Experts please help me how to play audio through usb/3.5mm port on it..

kpradeep.vlsi

Hi Experts,
I bought a Pioneer VSX 1123K AV receiver few months ago.I am trying to play audio files through USB or 3.5mm Jack from HTC U Android mobile but unable to play.
Could someone suggest me your ideas as it doesn't come with Bluetooth .
Thanks in advance.

cjfrbw

explains how the HTC in Pioneer receivers works with android phones.

You'll have to connect the receiver to the internet hub by ethernet, or get a wireless attachment for the receiver. If you transfer your music to a USB chip, it should play directly from the USB portal on the front if you have compatible formats. Pioneer may have a phone app that allows you to play music, but you also have to be connected to internet hub. A bluetooth unit can also be purchased, but bluetooth doesn't sound as good to me as internet connected playback.

The headphone output of the phone connected directly by rca type cord with headphone jack can be plugged into any analog input for playback. Most receivers have an analog input right on the front.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Chromecast audio is probably the cheapest way to do what you want wirelessly. With the right optical cable you can use the DAC in your pioneer as well.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
The Pioneer VSX-1123-K does not have a 3.5mm audio input; the only 3.5mm jacks are the MCACC setup mic jack on the front and the infrared (IR) jacks on the rear. The USB port on the front of the receiver only supports iOS devices and USB drives with files. I found these things out by reading the Owner's Manual:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/...me/VSX-1123-K_OperatingInstructions011813.pdf

As bigx5murf said, Chromecast Audio with a coaxial to optical converter will allow you to use the receiver's DACs. Otherwise, here is an analog solution from Logitech:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bluetooth-Audio-Adapter-Streaming/dp/B00IQBSW28/

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
BTW, I owned the older version of this AVR, the vsx-1024k, I liked it more, and it was more reliable than my vsx-40 elite. Only thing I didn't like was the crappy UI.

Top Bottom