• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pioneer’s new DJ VM-50 Powered Monitors Review

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
Why? And what active speakers would you recommend instead?
Inexpensive active speakers use cheap class D by necessity. I suppose are useful as desktop. I would rather use Senheiser HD 598 headphones. My son has worn out two of them over the years. Genelac and Neumann are good but expensive. My criticism probably unfair. I covet enveloped sound with 3 way floorstanders coupled with Anthem AVR. Their room correction simply works. Must have 3 way center. Infinity RC263 is most affordable if you can find. Years of disappointment with Audyssey.

Nick2D

Pioneer VM 50 o Kali Audio IN 5 for listen music and TV?,(2m~ distance)

Thanks for the detailed review! I was on the fence between the JBL 305P and the DJ VM-50 but ultimately went with the VM-50 because of the woot deal (80USD/speaker). I think 80USD is an amazing price if it really is as good or "slightly better" than JBL 305P! Thanks to this review/hardisj, I was able to get a very good speaker and save a lot of money!

There really aren't a lot of reviews for the DJ VM-50 so once again thank you! Much gratitude!

Top Bottom