• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pics you’ve taken,

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Entrance door...

2022-07-06 à 18.03.47.png

Canon S95

Offler

P7020724.jpg

2B from Nier Automata, taken at cosplayer convention last weekend.

1. Its always handy to have an abandoned and half torn mall next to a cosplay convention.
There is a lot of people in costumes focusing on post-apocalyptic worlds. Overgrown park, and decaying concrete pavement serves perfectly as background.

2. This was taken with Lumix DG Summilux 25mm F1,4 II (Leica), at F2,2 when its expected best transmission to the sensor, camera was EM-5 Mk III.
Its been a long time since I took so many photos (up to 400 this time) with single prime "nifty-fifty". The sensor does not have optical low-pass (antialiasing) filter so the sharpness, in combination with this lens is something incredible.

In many cases I was able to capture texture of fabrics, the downside is it can cause moiree effect.

3. Using flash in the daylight
Still great results, sometimes bit overexposed. I should probably learn to use AE lock on the camera and use single-point exposure. I have one bad habit - half-press the shutter button to focus and lock exposition and then recompose. It explains why two shots from one series can differ in exposition and flash intensity. This method is great when taking candid shots, but its detrimental when you have patient model

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Untitled-1.jpg

Somewhere west of Fresno, CA

Tassin

1659164949976.png

Oradour-sur-Glane, France, where German SS troops massacred an entire village of 642 inhabitants (only 6 survived) on 10 June 1944. The burned down village was preserved as a memorial to never forget the cruelty of war.

Offler

P7270718.jpg

Peacock at Archbishop garden in Kroměříž. Nicknamed "The Music Critic".

Also a serious question - how to filter out reflections from the grass, without affecting reflections from the peacock feather? Polarisation filter?

Top Bottom