• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pics you’ve taken,

Offler

eye3.jpg
eye3a.jpg

Last edited:

Newman

Major Contributor
1655502658534.jpeg

On a recent holiday.

Newman

Major Contributor
Plate tectonics is real, man!

Andysu

Major Contributor
i had the DLSR ISO a bit high with light level a fraction higher than usual 30" and with flash so slight delay and blur effect hazy image and my cat Magic is wearing a flower .
If you're going to San Francisco Be sure to wear some flowers in your fur .
magic1.jpg

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That looks like some snazzy special effects but I imagine it is just the lighting.
Yes it is just the lighting... I was at the right place at the right time... I was driving by the lake and I saw the boat and the lighting... so I stopped... and I used the simple camera of my daughter because I forgot to take mine...

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes it's just the lighting... I was at the right place at the right time... I was driving by the lake and I saw the boat and the lighting... so I stopped... and I used the camera of my daughter... mine was at home, in Switzerland.
I live in France and I'm French but a large part of my family is living in Switzerland, and I was with them during two weeks...
Switzerland is divided by three languages, French, German and Italian and my family is living in the German part and they speak fluently French and German.
I tried learning French although I was horrible at language learning. I know a German and she speaks 5 languages. It blows me away. IT's impressive to learn more than one language. :D I learned a little French and read labels in Canada because all grocery items are bilingual but it's very simple French.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Yes it's just the lighting... I was at the right place at the right time... I was driving by the lake and I saw the boat and the lighting... so I stopped... and I used the camera of my daughter... mine was at home, in Switzerland.
I live in France and I'm French but a large part of my family is living in Switzerland, and I was with them during two weeks...
Switzerland is divided by three languages, French, German and Italian and my family is living in the German part and they speak fluently French and German.
due to shutter speed was faction slower and handheld , only tiny movement and image is going to look like as it came out . i think the shutter speed was like 10sec and had to hold camera still not still enough otherwise should or would have been tripod mounted .

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maple Pass loop in North Cascades NP (2019)View attachment 213824
Ahhh. That region is gorgeous in August. I recommend if you can do the hike from the Mt Shuksan to Mt Baker. It takes a couple of hours if the snowpack is melted and one can drive to the top of the road. I've done it several times. It's amazing. Definitely a full day trip. :D

Selkirks

Ahhh. That region is gorgeous in August. I recommend if you can do the hike from the Mt Shuksan to Mt Baker. It takes a couple of hours if the snowpack is melted and one can drive to the top of the road. I've done it several times. It's amazing. Definitely a full day trip. :D

I did that the next day! There was Forest fire haze to deal with at home (Okanagan in BC) so the clear skies were a welcome sight.

20190722_130640.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did that the next day! There was Forest fire haze to deal with at home (Okanagan in BC) so the clear skies were a welcome sight.

View attachment 213826
One day I was up there very close to Mt Baker and the rocks where tumbling down the slope into the valley and some of them must have been pretty big. They where very noisy. The place is moving.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Gliding in an afternoon Seabreeze Convergence Zone near Zephyrhills, Florida, last April, looking toward the Gulf of Mexico...

Cooler air coming off the Gulf burrows under and pushes up the warmer air over land, giving rise to long episodes of smooth lift, keeping me aloft without circling in a thermal.

It's nice and cool in the shade of a big cumulus, even on a hot day below.

1655765275535.jpeg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Gliding in an afternoon Seabreeze Convergence Zone near Zephyrhills, Florida, last April, looking toward the Gulf of Mexico...

Cooler air coming off the Gulf burrows under and pushes up the warmer air over land, giving rise to long episodes of smooth lift, keeping me aloft without circling in a thermal.

It's nice and cool in the shade of a big cumulus, even on a hot day below.

View attachment 213845
Far out! Great perspective. :D Those clouds look like a level bubble was placed underneath.

Top Bottom