• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pics of your room treatment

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes, we need more pics for inspiration. There are 2 such threads, one with not many pics and the other is mostly fancy $$$$ cinema style.

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My old bedroom. Sounded lifeless, but the clarity was trippy. Side panels helped a lot with flutter echo. Surround sound and upmixing brought the life back. Scatter plates helped a bit with the carpet.

0X6Uy08.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Relatively cheap but very effective room treatment from GIK acoustics, made a helluva difference in my small room.

50933083712_9999f45162_k.jpg

50933084102_f09f0aab31_k.jpg

50932274713_1b0d38e674_k.jpg

50932274233_407d745793_k.jpg

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Mine was heavily treated, less so now. Pix in the member's thread (not sure where right now). I used modeling SW and a drawing package to do ray traces to select placement, plus gobs of measurements. It was a fun few weeks (not really, but productive).

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope that room treatment for the ears doesn't prevent other pleasures, like decoration for the eyes.
A matter of balance or ... harmony.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing fancy.

IMG_3390.jpg

DWPress

Forum Donor
I built these difsorbers based on Arqen's plans and I used them in a 5 panel array in a profiled modulation set up. They are solid cork with a laminated surface:
QRD2.jpg

Along with the beginnings of a cloud (the spacing has since changed and lighting updated). You can see more absorption panels behind the speakers but I plan on replacing them with another array like above but a little taller and 7 panels instead of 5:
room.jpg

I'm in the process of building some folded well diffuser arrays for the sidewall 1st reflection point and I'll be close to done I think.

Hipper

Interesting set up - listening whilst lying down on height adjustable and mobile bed using moveable ceiling speakers.

Not sure about the bed straps though. Is that to try and stop you moving about to the music so you keep your head in a vice like sweet spot?

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Somafunk

Major Contributor
"JSmith : What's in the clear plastic bags next to each speaker?"

Mexicana Cubensis & McKennii mushroom grow kits.

KikoKentaurus

Finished my studio recently. I guess, I'm gonna change place. It's barely possible to sing at home, I feel scared and can't loosen up my throat.

Attachments

• imgonline-com-ua-Resize-1gje8fag28.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-Resize-1gje8fag28.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 240
  • imgonline-com-ua-Resize-mntkRtGTlbN.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-Resize-mntkRtGTlbN.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 229
  • imgonline-com-ua-Resize-Mz4qIFHzHF2.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-Resize-Mz4qIFHzHF2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 225

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
What would you guys say made more of a difference, the regular wall panels or the corner panels? Or maybe you installed them all at the same time and can't tell............

KikoKentaurus

What would you guys say made more of a difference, the regular wall panels or the corner panels? Or maybe you installed them all at the same time and can't tell............
I guess that's subjective, but by me that's a corner traps. Remember that they need to be deep, mine's - 15 cm. Also air gap does the big trick. I've seen that triangled bass trap, which are made from cutted and stacked rockwool, but I don't think that strategy is so effective.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
What would you guys say made more of a difference

The four large corner bass traps on the front wall, the two lower 6” bass traps with range limiter membranes on floor behind desk, the two front wall 4” bass traps with range limiter membranes/hidden diffuser and the two 6” deep bass traps with range limiter membranes on the rear wall made the most immediate difference, vocals and the highs really stood out and were impressively defined whilst being able to listen at louder levels, I guess the bloated bass build up in the room before treatment was masking the highs, the additional four diffusion panels (4” and 2”) and five first reflection panels (three on ceiling not shown, all 2”) helped to create a large sweet spot centred in the middle of the room so listening position isn’t critical for good sound, I can generally sit anywhere in the room and feel quite pleased with how it sounds.

I mostly listen to electronic music, ambient techno, techno etc…etc.

Top Bottom