• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pics of mega-expensive equipment in horrible rooms

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buchardts? They look so undersized in there!

It's like when you're in a cafe and they stick tiny speakers in the corners of the room ceilings.
a500s. They do a pretty good job of filling it up, surprisingly so. There is another 5-8 ft behind where the photograph was taken so they even look smaller there.

goldenears

I bet they do sound very good, but definitely not as good as they could sound in a different room.

It's just the visual is funny.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bet they do sound very good, but definitely not as good as they could sound in a different room.

It's just the visual is funny.
no kidding and why posted a new thread about help with REW

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You haven't shown this "winner" yet did ya ?

1620163318129.png

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/unusual-speaker-designs.12255/post-480497

Robin L

Master Contributor

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Can't imagine how this system sounds, but it seems like there's going to be a lot of reverberation.

View attachment 126912

View attachment 126913
I saw the video about this setup yesterday.
The owner described how the room was built. It is very impressive. He knows what he is doing regarding room acoustic.

Someone else already posted the video earlier. Here is it again

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The owner described how the room was built. It is very impressive. He knows what he is doing regarding room acoustic.

All this setup for just one seat ?
It would be much easier with just a good pair of HP+HPamp :p

oryan_dunn

That was a fascinating watch. So much time and work went into it, by Ken himself, makes it much more impressive than if some trust fund kid just paid someone to put it all together for him. Towards the end, some really good philosophical discussion about our time and how we spend it. Clearly he liked stereos, but it seems like he liked building things more, he just merged the two hobbies.

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I think the cat has chewed a power cable.

Top Bottom