• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Picoreplayrer LMS and alsa with usb dac

Lucaxxaa

Hello. Please, i use SMSL-SU9 connected to RPI3.
I use Picoreplayer and LMS

Now i have alsa setting in the attached pics.
Can you advice me for best alsa setting for my DAC

What is best choose, for volume controll?
Thank you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 2.png
    2.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 242

Wino

Have you checked in with slimdevices forum? Might get better results.

Wino

It's does look like your USB dac is not been recognized. Turn on the DAC and set it to USB. Then go to Main Page and hit restart. Then go back to output setting and select HW:CARD.

carlmart

It's does look like your USB dac is not been recognized. Turn on the DAC and set it to USB. Then go to Main Page and hit restart. Then go back to output setting and select HW:CARD.
I see that you are using PP with a Rpby Pi4. I was planning to retry it with a Pi3, as I had some issues with LMS that I think have been solved. Also working on assembling my media server with a Linux PC, using Truenas as NAS. The media server will be both for audio & video.
The Rpbi3 USB output will be connected to a Topping D50. When I first assembled it, the audio output was the best I had ever heard here.
For the video output I'm using an Nvidia Stealth and Kodi. Kodi is not that good for audio as the other setup.
The Topping D50 arrangement should be the same as for the SMS.

charleski

Major Contributor
Just leave the alsa settings alone. The defaults are fine and there's no magic setting for better sound. Since your DAC has volume control using ESS's digital system it's best to set volume to fixed 100% in LMS and use the volume knob on the DAC.

Top Bottom