• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pick your favorite rig and say why

tparm

Forum Donor
Here I plan to consolidate my thoughts and shotgun-posting on multiple forums. yes this has been posted elsewhere than ASR to gain additional replies and I know several of you are active multiple places, for you I am sorry for the duplication.

I recently sold some gear and am in the market for new electrics.

Three rigs;
AVR-X3600 (which I just bought) w/ Monolith 3X (11CH mode) = money left over.
AVR-X3700 w/ Monolith 5X & 2 Emotiva BasX A-150s (I already own one)(full pre-amp mode) = break even
Emotiva XMC-2 w/ XPA 5 & 2 BasX A-150s (I already own one) = +$1,500.

AVR-X3600 is a tested known entity and I can return within the next month.
AVR-X3700 has two Audyssey profile slots, discrete sub outs and full pre-amp mode.
Emotiva has balanced inputs for my Audiolab 6000N (nerdy cool), balanced outputs for subs as I will have long runs, and eventually (hopefully) Dirac.

This is for a new home being built. I own a Umik-1/REW and will treat the room accordingly so I don't need additional funds for other purchases (until I move and buy subs and a new TV - that's about 10 months away).

65/35% music to movies/TV, room on a slab and sealed to rest of house, 31x15.5x9 with an L-shaped bar in the back, Polk Audio LSiM707/706C/703 combo with 4 700-LS ceiling speakers. I listen to both 2CH and upmixed music, mostly vocal & acoustic but occasionally get the need for some Tool (loud). I don't listen at reference levels, for movies or music, but I do play it loud and get carried away when demo'ing the system for friends. MLP is 14' from front wall and roughly 11'6" from the three front channels.

I hope we see the X3700 test results soon, but what do you think?

Top Bottom