• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pi4B + Allo Boss DAC I2S v1.2 or Topping D10S

mermayer

"Pi4B + Allo Boss DAC I2S v1.2 or Topping D10S"
Same question for me and my Pi4B + RuneAudio. But i need additional to the analog outputs, for my headphone amp, a coaxial digital output for the APTX HD 1mii Bluetooth Adapter. Now i have ordered the Topping D10S.

RadioBuddha

Pi + Allo Boss is good enough for 16 bits, compact one box solution with only one external supply. On the other side an external DAC gives more flexibility and extra formats (Dsd, PCM over 192k sample rate).
For the price Allo Boss is a very good solution (excellent bass), for less money you can use an USB dongle DAC (Apple, Meizu etc), but dongle cable could be an issue.

If I go with Pi4b out to Apple Dac Dongle, USB-c to 3.5mm, I would only need a USB-A to USB-C adapter for the Pi, correct?

Top Bottom