• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PI2AES Digital Audio Shield for the Raspberry PI

wiiuu

No issues with customs or CE due to the fact that it is a board level product. As such it seems to be OK.

We can ship to the EU and have many customers all over the continent.

Do you mean that the packages bypass the customs without being held for import/customs taxes ?

OP
M

Michael Kelly

Audio Company
Forum Donor
No. Just that boards designed to add on another board don’t need to pass ce.

Kelims

Hello, will this item still be available for purchase? (currently unavailable) Alternatively, does anyone sell a used piece? (Europe)

OP
M

Michael Kelly

Audio Company
Forum Donor
At this time PI2AES is out for production for the foreseeable future. The PI2AES-LITE is scheduled to start shipping next week.

OP
M

Michael Kelly

Audio Company
Forum Donor
If, and that’s a big if, we go back into production with the PI2AES, the price will probably be the same or slightly higher, perhaps $299 at the most. but I would personally not recommend holding out a lot of hope. The strategy right now with the PI2AES-LITE and Mercury cover a large swath of users and does not leave a lot of space for the PI2AES to be resurrected.

It is more likely, that we will make an add-on for the PI2AES–LITE that adds I to us over HDMI and parallel. But even that wouldn’t be before the end of this year. Just getting what we have into production is a big enough challenge for me!

I ordered the Pi2AES-LITE. I have pi2designs beta 502DAC which had a TRS digital output that I use a converter to send to my yulong DAC AES/EBU. The upgrade of the music server over laptop and 2011 yulong USB converter was staggering. If the only improvement I get is my gear looking neater due to pi being in a case and losing the Chunky adapter, ill be happy.

OP
M

Michael Kelly

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I ordered the Pi2AES-LITE. I have pi2designs beta 502DAC which had a TRS digital output that I use a converter to send to my yulong DAC AES/EBU. The upgrade of the music server over laptop and 2011 yulong USB converter was staggering. If the only improvement I get is my gear looking neater due to pi being in a case and losing the Chunky adapter, ill be happy.
I believe you will be very pleased. The LITE has significantly lower jitter in noise than the 502DAC. It will definitely be an upgrade to your system.

chaos333

Hi Michael,
i will be appreaciated if you can solve my problem/

i use my moode audio 8.1.2 and it works great on my Pi3b 1gb with a Pi2AES hat using its coxial outout to rme-adi-2 dac fs.

as a try, i installed roon render in the pi3 and use roon control core and choose above said hat but output is nothing. i can read from roon control app that the roon endpoint is working and also the moode-ip,,which used to show the playback scress shows roon end ponited connted and there is another button "disconnect", i can assump that the roon endpoint is working on the PI3+ but i did not know if this is beause the Pi HAT does not support?

but when i use USB connect to the dac---and choose options from Pi2AES to none which makes the PI as only a streamer while somehow--by pass the PI2AEShat, it works and can receive and output music from ROON.

please if you know what is treason? please let me know. and how to solve it?

i may also ask the moode audio about seting while either of you if can solve this and i will be great appreaicted.
thanks.

OP
M

Michael Kelly

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Michael,
i will be appreaciated if you can solve my problem/

i use my moode audio 8.1.2 and it works great on my Pi3b 1gb with a Pi2AES hat using its coxial outout to rme-adi-2 dac fs.

as a try, i installed roon render in the pi3 and use roon control core and choose above said hat but output is nothing. i can read from roon control app that the roon endpoint is working and also the moode-ip,,which used to show the playback scress shows roon end ponited connted and there is another button "disconnect", i can assump that the roon endpoint is working on the PI3+ but i did not know if this is beause the Pi HAT does not support?

but when i use USB connect to the dac---and choose options from Pi2AES to none which makes the PI as only a streamer while somehow--by pass the PI2AEShat, it works and can receive and output music from ROON.

please if you know what is treason? please let me know. and how to solve it?

i may also ask the moode audio about seting while either of you if can solve this and i will be great appreaicted.
thanks.
The hat is not involved in this. As long as moode has our hat selected for the output then everything else is up to moode. Sorry.

Dumdum

The PI2AES-LITE has both RCA and BNC outputs. Either one will work fine. What DAC are you using?
I’ve randomly tagged you, I have just ordered a Pi2aes 2.0 to put on a 4gb pi 4b for use in my car, just downloaded Volumio and will be hopefully able to use Volumio from my iPad in the front of my car… but have also ordered an 8” hd touchscreen as well

One of the European championship winning cars had a pi in it, let’s see if I can’t put a few guys your way in Austria at the European finals next year

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_9901.jpeg

Top Bottom