• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Photography Isn't As Easy as It Looks

Tks

Major Contributor
Do you have more information?

Look up Global Shutter that I mentioned. It eliminates the issue you mentioned about artifical lighting bands because the sensor readout occurs instantaneously across the entire sensor, isntead of line by line readout that it currently does in many consumer cameras.

Ismapics

My son hired a photographer for their wedding (both of us are photographers). She took some of the worst pictures and somehow thought by making some of the black and white, her job is done in creating "artistic" images. Good thing I also took my camera and so we have a bunch of usable pictures.

Hello Amir: I am also an amateur photog. ismapics.com I was wondering, what are you currently using. I still have my trusty 5DMk3. Cheers.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Amir: I am also an amateur photog. ismapics.com I was wondering, what are you currently using. I still have my trusty 5DMk3. Cheers.
It’s not the cam that matters, it's the person behind it.

Ismapics

It’s not the cam that matters, it's the person behind it.

ahhhh. no one is disputing that, but in the world of cams there are what you could say "Camps" Canon Sony Nikon Leica. It becomes a shared experience.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Am I reading this correctly: The katakana on her cheek appears to say "Wi(?) Na Ru Ra"?

To me it appears to be キナルテ (KiNaRuTe).

My limited knowledge but also google-fu fails me here, it's likely some language that's both informal, shortened* and part of the subculture, all of which I'm either not good at or have little knowledge of.
*Japanese people love to shorten/smash together words. not just in subculture, in main-stream too. This kind of makes sense since it's a contextual language.
The best guess I can venture is that it's something like a smash up of KiTe (from of 来る, くる, KuRu, to come), but mashed up with the negative Na (な,ナ).
If you look at the Imperative Polite Positive and Imperative Plan Negative, you'll see where my only slightly uneducated guess is from. http://www.japaneseverbconjugator.com/Kuru.asp
kite kudasai, 来 (き)てください would be something like Please Come (here)
kuru na 来 (く)るな would be something like Do Not Come (here), please omitted or implied depending on context or relationship of the speakers.
I think something like Do Not Come (here, near me) could make sense for my assumptions of the image of the subculture, I think her eyes in amirm's picture definitely paint that picture. :) Even if that's the surface meaning, there's probably a ton more subtext that we've no idea about.

But, I could have also went down the wrong rabbit hole. It's been known to happen. Probably the most confusing part for me is it being in Katakana (borrowed/foreign words) but all of what I was talking about above are Hiragana (Japanese words). I think I've seen a few times where this happens, so it's not unheard of. Foreign things can be considered cool so using the alphabet for foreign words might be trying to lend that air.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
ahhhh. no one is disputing that, but in the world of cams there are what you could say "Camps" Canon Sony Nikon Leica. It becomes a shared experience.
That's true but belonging to a camp is usually related to the user experience and other criteria but not to the technical quality. You can make technically stunning pictures with any of these. Your Canon 5dmk3 is a fantastic cam in this respect. I'm a Nikonist, I bought got my first Nikon in 1986 (an FM2 because it works without battery at -25 degree celsius) and stayed with Nikon because I can use all my old lenses on my D800 from 2012, so the decision for Nikon was a no brainer.

OTOH I bought a Panasonic GMC-D1 (now my brothers cam) followed by a GX7 and GX9 and the latter really make very good pics, but not at the technical level of the D800 of course. But it's sooo much lighter ...

My wife uses a DX Nikon and an Olympus MFT but the user interface of the Olympus is just horrible, at least for someone used to Nikon. The Panasonic UI is much closer to Nikon so no problem for me to use them both.

Ismapics

Yes the coolest, a photog family. I had a pocket travel Olympus cam for my wife but the iPhone won. I have - what I call - curated a set of lens that works for all I do. I do shootings for friends and coop work (goods instead of cash/ like restaurants) but seldom do I take contract work for $$ or weddings and such. I have over years bought a set of L glass all used second hand. In terms of gear that's what I most enjoy. In terms of photos, traveling is the other joy. I also have a second body for casual walking around and video, an ILC M50.

I can use all my lenses with it and so in shoots I can use as my backup body.

Thanks for sharing. cheers.

Top Bottom