• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phono with 2 inputs and balanced out. Goldnote/Ps Audio

MDMD

Hi, looking for a preamp with those features since I have a table with MM and one with MC.
Any of you have experience with the Ph-10 or the Stellar phono?

nothingman

You may have already considered this, but in a totally different price bracket, the Parasound Zphono XRM ($650 USD) has that spec: two inputs with XLR output, inputs are easily switchable at front panel, and two gain options for each input with custom loading for the MC input. Subsonic filter and mono also available on front panel. What more could you ask for the price?

XRM has limited measurements from Aussie Hi-Fi, but they’re quite good (assuming you don’t use the subsonic filter which is overly aggressive).

I have one and think it’s a solid piece and remarkable value. Dead quiet for a phono stage and provides a strong, clean signal. Would be hard pressed to think I ever need an upgrade for my 1200GR+540ML.

OP
M

MDMD

You may have already considered this, but in a totally different price bracket, the Parasound Zphono XRM ($650 USD) has that spec: two inputs with XLR output, inputs are easily switchable at front panel, and two gain options for each input with custom loading for the MC input. Subsonic filter and mono also available on front panel. What more could you ask for the price?

XRM has limited measurements from Aussie Hi-Fi, but they’re quite good (assuming you don’t use the subsonic filter which is overly aggressive).

I have one and think it’s a solid piece and remarkable value. Dead quiet for a phono stage and provides a strong, clean signal. Would be hard pressed to think I ever need an upgrade for my 1200GR+540ML.
Thank you for the suggestion. Looks like great value.

Top Bottom