• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phison A2.120 reviewed!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Mivera

Major Contributor
Hard to beat the measurements :)

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I thought you guys were both in the "passive speakers + amps are obsolete, people should invest in actives" camp?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Phison is a very nicely made amplifier, ideal if you are wedded to passive speakers.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Low distortion solid state amps sound extremely similar if not identical unless they are driven in to clipping.
The Phison is a very well designed class A/B amp with excellent measurements , I enjoy offering customers choice between two well designed products.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
Does Sonny share the measurements? Or are they only for in house knowledge?

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Does Sonny share the measurements? Or are they only for in house knowledge?
Ahem, do you, other than mfr specs for individual components? Oh, sorry, we already know the answer. But, oh, the irony and hypocracy for even asking. What a piece of work!

Mivera

Major Contributor
I was under the impression that Sonny was in the same camp along with other industry greats such as Charles Hansen that sharing measurements is the most misleading thing you can do. However Keith keeps talking about the stellar measurements, so it really makes me wonder why he feels this data should be kept away from potential clients.

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
As do we all about your alleged measurements, even very basic audio measurements of a "completed" product. I have no time for people who claim stellar measurements then fail to produce them on some pretext. Anybody you know fit into that category?

Mivera

Major Contributor
So you have no time for Keith? I wonder why he chooses to post on this forum then?

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
So you have no time for Keith? I wonder why he chooses to post on this forum then?
Ah, that Keith, as was not clear, though it might have been since he was the OP. I have no issues with Keith, unless he alleges great measured audio performance without any published evidence of such. I do not think he has done that, though the Phison is of no particular interest to me and I have done no research on it. I have confidence in Keith, however.

OTOH, there is you.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Did you miss the part where Keith said "The Phison is a very well designed class A/B amp with excellent measurements"?

Me what do I have to do with this? I along with Sonny of Phison, Charles Hansen of Ayre, And Sonny's good friend Hans Ole from Vitus, already have made our positions clear on measurements.

Keith on the other hand is clearly in the opposite position.

Mivera

Major Contributor

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Did you miss the part where Keith said "The Phison is a very well designed class A/B amp with excellent measurements"?

Me what do I have to do with this? I along with Sonny of Phison, Charles Hansen of Ayre, And Sonny's good friend Hans Ole from Vitus, already have made our positions clear on measurements.

Keith on the other hand is clearly in the opposite position.

Possibly, Keith misspoke meaning "specifications" rather than "measurements", though the specifications might indeed have been as measured by the manufacturer. I have seen those specifications in a review, as linked to by Keith.

If all those guys you mentioned pull the same BS game as you, citing "excellent" measurements of the audio output then not producing them, they all are, like you, on my shit list.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Ahh yes impressive indeed! Perhaps Amir can use his engineering degree to decifer to the layman how this translates to engineering excellence!

IMG_1284.jpg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Purité Audio has almost every class of amp made available for comparison, Hypex Ncore, Benchmark's AHB2, PHISON's A2.120 I am more than happy to run an unsighted comparison for nyome who is interested.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
Out of all these amps, which one did you choose as the best in your unsighted testing? As a layman off the street, the professional dealers opinion carries a lot of weight.

Top Bottom