• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PHIREE U2S 2019 & Douk Audio U2 Review and Measurements (Digital USB to S/PDIF Interfaces)

Tangband

Major Contributor
All three seems to have very low jitter.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All three seems to have very low jitter.
Indeed.

You've got the signal level for each: worst cases of Jitter spikes all land below the -140dB territory (assuming level is -4 8dB at minimum, you get -135dB Jitter in worst case scenario).

A bit surprised by the performance of the Douk U2, considering the complexity of its board, it still shows the "worst" results, with the most side peaks, tests after tests (yet nothing audible at this point).

napfkuchen

My Douk U2 won't work with Windows 11. Tried to install the drivers on the cd but the control panel does not show any connected audio devices. :) Is this a common problem?

e_h

My Douk U2 won't work with Windows 11. Tried to install the drivers on the cd but the control panel does not show any connected audio devices. :) Is this a common problem?
I tried emailing the company about this twice but received no reply. I found an answer on Amazon (from earlier this year) saying there are no drivers for Windows 11.
Does anyone know of a solution to this?

e_h

Use the Google Drive link in the review. (In 2nd paragraph speaking about Douk U2).
Thank you for your reply - perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't find any Windows 11-drivers in that link. Which file name are you referring to? :)

napfkuchen

Quick heads-up to my posting: The unit was faulty, got another one and it works fine in Windows 11.
Use "XMOS-Stereo-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver-3004_v4.13.0(dop for WIN7-WIN10).exe" on the driver disk and not the google-drive-file referenced in the manual (does not do anything as it seems to be a Douk Audio U2 pro driver).

Reactions: e_h

e_h

Quick heads-up to my posting: The unit was faulty, got another one and it works fine in Windows 11.
Use "XMOS-Stereo-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver-3004_v4.13.0(dop for WIN7-WIN10).exe" on the driver disk and not the google-drive-file referenced in the manual (does not do anything as it seems to be a Douk Audio U2 pro driver).
I recently received my Douk (not pro) and it actually works fine in Windows 11 (fully updated), without downloading any drivers :)

napfkuchen

I recently received my Douk (not pro) and it actually works fine in Windows 11 (fully updated), without downloading any drivers :)
I didn't remember if it was that way, ok. :) While it seems to work without additional drivers there was still an exclamation mark in system control next to xms... Now everything is fine there. But as long as it works that's not s.th. to care about, you are right.

Reactions: e_h

morillon

Major Contributor
in the case of digital there are small precautions a little funny and logical when you think about it, to take side measures to make observations a little "rough"
;-)
(of which in the first place..measure at the level of the numeric
;-) )

Royatap

Would this device convert my music which is on a USB stick and output it through the RCA port into my active speakers. My active speakers have only a SPDIF RCA connection and has a 24-Bit, 44.1 kHz - 96 kHz DAC. If this device can't do that job, does anyone know of a device that would do it?
Thank you!

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would this device convert my music which is on a USB stick
Absolutely not. You need a player prior to the D/A conversion.
If this device can't do that job, does anyone know of a device that would do it?
Yes, you should look for a DAP (Digital Audio Player, portable or not) that would have an S/PDIF outpout.

Royatap

Absolutely not. You need a player prior to the D/A conversion.
Yes, you should look for a DAP (Digital Audio Player, portable or not) that would have an S/PDIF outpout.
Many thanks for your quick reply!
Do you know of such a player please?

Royatap

You've been so helpful to me to navigate around this unknown field to me
and many thanks for it!
I too have been searching and then I came across this product.
The price sounds good to me and also the appearance.
This manufacturer has a load vacuum tube device too.

Top Bottom