• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PHIREE U2S 2019 & Douk Audio U2 Review and Measurements (Digital USB to S/PDIF Interfaces)

scrubb

Forum Donor
I have no use for them if they can't be used with a pi (what i don't know) but for 36 euros i might give it a try.

After reading this review I purchased a Douk U2 to run between my Pi 4 USB output (running Ropieee with a touchscreen) and my Anthem MRX 540 toslink input. I simply plugged it in and it works great.

Reactions: MCH

StandardModel

Forum Donor
I'm trying to connect my HiFi Rose 150B Streamer to an R26 r2r Gustard DAC via iiS. Each of these devices has a different connection Rose -DVI and Gustard HDMI. Also, the pin configurations for each device is not the same. These are their two pinouts below. Does the Duok Audio U2 allow for pinout designations through software or otherwise?

Attachments

• Gustard.png
    Gustard.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 40
  • HiFi Rose 150B.png
    HiFi Rose 150B.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 45

scrubb

Forum Donor
Does the Duok Audio U2 allow for pinout designations through software or otherwise?

The Douk U2 which was tested by the OP does not have an iis connection. It only has USB-C input and Toslink or S/PDIF output. The Douk U2 Pro does have an iis connection. It may be better to start a new thread with your question about that item.

Bwaslo

Wondering about the S/PDIF and optical output sample rates. You tested only to 48ksps. If you sent, say, 96ksps audio into the U2 via USB, is the output also then clocked at 96k? Or is it all downsampled to 44.1 or 48? Seems a lot of TVs at least convert all to 48k. I got an HDMI ARC audio to optical converter that also seems to take in 96k but converts to 48k.

For that matter, what devices CAN output 96ksps optical or coaxial, verified?

Vladetz

u2 pro outputs up to 24/192, verified with topping e50

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Bwaslo

I clearly did not...

96kHz. Just read the review.

The ones here reviewed. Plus any device that claims to do so.
Sorry if I missed it. I see that 96ksps went in (or was that reading at the output?), but the graphs all show frequency response and spectrum gone above 22kHz. (Not that I think it matters sonically. But it can matter for more unconventional use in measurements). That's why I asked. I've been struggling to find a simple way to get custom 96kHz files to play at full bw in a system other than from a computer.

I'll try and read again more carefully.

Few devices exactly claim to. "Handles" or "supports" "96kHz" isn't same as outputting same rate.

Top Bottom