• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Philips Fidelio X2HR worth getting at Black Friday price??

Celty

I currently have the HE4XX and HD6XX. Right now the Philips Fidelio X2HR are on sale at a Black Friday price of $99.99. Do you think they would be worth purchasing?

Last edited:

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The price is right for an impulse buy. So what's a hundred bucks to you?

OP
C

Celty

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I can tell you they will be the most comfortable out of the three, I have an older pair and like them, a fun sounding headphone and worth $100, but not really an upgrade, just a different flavor really compared to your other cans.

OP
C

Celty

I can tell you they will be the most comfortable out of the three, I have an older pair and like them, a fun sounding headphone and worth $100, but not really an upgrade, just a different flavor really compared to your other cans.
Perhaps I should just exercise some restraint - not always the easiest thing to do - and defer on it. ATM I really do not have a clear wish for a headphone upgrade.

I do miss the wide soundstage of the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X before it gave up the ghost, so possibly something that would be in that direction but upgraded.

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
I purchased this headphone some time ago and send it to solderdude. Have a read on his measurements and conclusions.
On my item i could correct the imbalance below 100 hz with PEQ settings. However it seems a lottery getting a fairly balanced sample.

OP
C

Celty

I purchased this headphone some time ago and send it to solderdude. Have a read on his measurements and conclusions.
On my item i could correct the imbalance below 100 hz with PEQ settings. However it seems a lottery getting a fairly balanced sample.
Thanks for the link, good information. So would you buy them again?

OP
C

Celty

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Yesterday I purchased the X2HR (for the second time) hoping the 3rd one I get to measure is a lucky charm and won't have channel imbalance.
When it has, it will go back again and plan to forget about them otherwise I may have another good sounding and looking headphone .
Don't need it at all, have quite a few better ones and like to improve bass performance (when L-R match).

The price was right E 119.- (incl. shipping) but this deal is no longer available and back to E 171.- again.

Top Bottom