• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PGGB - upsampling with billions of taps

Loathecliff

My attempt to save you, since I've already seen it and can't unsee it:
Thank you indeed Sir Pkane! 'Save' me, by quoting in full. - Why should you suffer alone when you can build the character of others:rolleyes::p
So this wondrous development runs your PC & DAC CPUs flat out by going to places there is no need to go.
Then attempts to filter out the 'damage'. (Scathing emoji not found).

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
timely thread bump since I am trying to figure out which taps to open or shut for my sprinkler system

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
My grandfather played taps for the Rainbow Division in WWI, we still have his trumpet.
That Song, always brings tears to my eyes. It is exactly what came to mind when I read the recent comments. Respect for your Grandfather!

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
That Song, always brings tears to my eyes. It is exactly what came to mind when I read the recent comments. Respect for your Grandfather!

I guess technically it's a bugle (my bad) and to be upbeat he also did Reveille.

EuropeanSwallow

Forum Donor
I just finished wasting my time reading the pggb thread. I came here to get my bearings. My God it's like the twilight zone there.

It's official, I'm utterly embarrassed to be associated with audiophiles.

Chester

Not only is the difference when using this profound, some over there can even clearly hear the difference between PGGB and an MScaler. If that doesn’t impress you then I don’t know what does.

EuropeanSwallow

Forum Donor
Dum, DaDum, Dum, Dumb :p I'm frightened of the notion that professionals from neurosurgeons, physicists, and even engineers who are steeped in logical thought and reasoning skills seem to abandon all rationale over any of these audio tweak upgrades.

Buy by all means, buy whatever you want, just don't attribute your discerning superhearing or said tweak for noticing an improvement that is likely directly proportional to how much you spent or whether you can admit to yourself your own confirmation bias.

As a hypocrite, I own Analysis Plus Apex Silver speaker cables.

They use a novel Triple Hollow Oval Geometry. It's a 9awg hollow oval conductor inside a 9awg hollow oval conductor, inside (you guessed it), a 3rd 9awg hollow oval conductor.
They should have called them "The Inception Cable" I'd have bought them for this reason alone, but also because I think they are well made, full of silver-over-copper bling, and they sound like absolutely nothing. They literally don't do anything special or magical.

You may think I'm crazy, and I am, but where I differ is that I'm not delusional about imaginary improvements that aren't there. Or maybe my cynicism and negative confirmation bias won't let me hear an improvement. After 46 years my hubris has lessened and my once youthful golden ears are rusty and I question often their accuracy.

This post brought to you by Analysis Plus Cables and too much caffeine.

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My own analysis of PGGB vs the stock upsampler built-in to DeltaWave:

Top Bottom