• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pet Cloning

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Aren't you locked into that Karmic rebirth cycle, already? The queue is never ending. :p
Well is not the hope that if he measures well in this life, he'll measure better in the next cycle?

And if he does not measure up well in this life, in the next he'll be a designer for Schiit. :p

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Well is not the hope that if he measures well in this life, he'll measure better in the next cycle?

And if he does not measure up well in this life, in the next he'll be a designer for Schiit. :p

He already owns STAX cans so he's halfway there:

dt990-and-schiit-lyr-night-and-day.jpg

Wombat

Master Contributor

Which way does Microsoft experience fall? :)

cjfrbw

I have parrots. They haven't changed much in the 36 years I have had them around. They are thinking of cloning me.

Theo

Human clones have been existing forever. They are called twins (homozygotes). They are usually raised in a similar way (sometimes parents dress them the same). And they are very different when you get to know them! So, I suppose that we could duplicate our body ( or pet), but the personality? Still, I would gladly exchange a few worn out body parts, like my hears?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FWIW, the vat grown meat had a huge texture issue, like putrid or decayed flesh, but without the smell.
Good to see someone is taking the zombie apocalypse threat seriously.

invaderzim

How precise is the cloning at this point? Meaning do they get one successful cloned pet for each attempt? If not then what happens to the ones that aren't exact matches? I read an article years ago (so things may have improved) where they said it often took multiple tries to get exact color and marking matches.
Even if I was tempted to clone a beloved pet I'd hate to think of the almost right ones ending up at bad homes or at rescues.

Kyle / MrHeeHo

This may just be my inner animal lover coloring my opinion but the idea of pet cloning disgusts me when there are so many abandoned and abused animals in shelters just waiting to be adopted. It's also why I favor adopting dogs over buying from breeders.

Top Bottom