• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PEQ Both Subs At Once Or Individually? Before or After Audyssey

luft262

I have a couple of questions regarding when to apply PEQ filters and I find conflicting information online. Perhaps someone here can help me! Thank you in advance for your help!

1. Should I PEQ my subs before of after running Audyssey? I've been doing it after. My thought process was to let the automatic system do the best it can first and then manually tailor things to my preference.

2. When running multiple, subs should I run a sweep with each sub individually (one sub on the other off) and set the PEQ filters for each sub individually or should I run a sweep with both subs on and PEQ them together?

3. Should the PEQ filters for both subs match or can each sub have its own filters?

*4. (Bonus Question) For Audyssey, at what frequency should I cut off the automatic adjustments? I've been cutting off the filter range at 500Hz, but different sources online give different opinions. Some say 200Hz. Some say no cut off. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

kiwifi

PEQ before running Audyssey.

Measure each sub individually at multiple listening positions. Use Multi Sub Optimizer (MSO) to calculate the individual delays and PEQ filters for each sub.

Feed the multiple subs from a single AVR sub output, so that Audyssey is only altering the delay of the "single" sub out relative to your mains.

Mike Lima

I read somewhere to limit automatic adjustments to Schroeder frequency. Is that correct?

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I read somewhere to limit automatic adjustments to Schroeder frequency. Is that correct?
It is very much a matter of preference, in conjunction with the performance of the automated solution in question. For most speakers exhibiting uniform directivity, I make use of full range Dirac Live correction. Audyssey XT32 has also produced acceptable full range results for me but only when using a modified target.

F

freemansteve

Not saying there's no merit, but I'm surprised at any test, in a real room, that doesn't run all the speakers at the same time, that you'd normally be using.

Top Bottom