• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

people enjoy more expensive things more

invaderzim

According to the full episode the more expensive items trigger the rewards center of the brain and we enjoy them more because of it.

In a taste test of the same cakes people much preferred the $55 cake over the $15 one.

Replace cake with any audio component

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
I think a better test for more discerning folks would be the question that asks, which is more expensive (for audio gear based on their perceived performance first, and then their looks).

That'd be real fun.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Experiences matter more than things.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...yo-diamond-headphones-100000-dollars-ces-2017

$100,000 and a pokey little 3.5mm plug, not even gold plated. Unfinished edge of leather and they can't get the Onkyo badge centre or straight. Must be a prototype.
poky.JPG

Tks

Major Contributor
^

This is some of the problems with high cost headphones. Coming from the watch hobby, the level of finishing on nearly all high end headphones is laughable by comparison.

Wombat

Master Contributor

BillG

Major Contributor
According to the full episode the more expensive items trigger the rewards center of the brain and we enjoy them more because of it.

I must be wired a little differently than, as I take a great deal of pleasure in knowing that I shopped wisely and didn't get deceived by marketing... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom