• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Penteo Plugin

jtexel92675

Hello,

I am playing with upmixing through a plugin called penteo. I am able to get it work with Jriver on my mac but my goal is to use the penteo plugin with streaming services.
Unfortunately Jriver doesnt really support streaming. Penteo supports AAX / VST3 & I am using a M1 Mac.

Can anyone think of a way to stream the music from lets say Roon (or some other alternative) to something that will support AAX / VST3 plugins? I am OK with tech but I really dont understand audio stuff that well.

Hope that makes sense and thanks so much for reading this.

Jason

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
OP
J

jtexel92675

Its weird I loaded the Vst in the libarary\application support\audio\plugins\vst3 folder but wont show up in the list in element.

I am up for whenever you have time.

1623047025702.png
1623047050082.png
1623047080343.png

So is the flow from Roon > Aggregate >Element>Penteo>my regular output?

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If Penteo didn't have an official installer you might have to work around OSXs security restrictions like I mentioned in my linked thread. Copy and paste this into Terminal:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/*
Then reboot your Mac.

So is the flow from Roon > Aggregate >Element>Penteo>my regular output?

Yes. The output from Roon would be directed to Blackhole. Within Element define your input (Blackhole) and output device (your DAC or soundcard). After your reboot you should be able to find Penteo within Element. In Element go to View>Plugin Manager and scan for new plugins if it's still not showing up.

I use Rogue Amoeba's Loopback app (instead of Blackhole) to easily direct the sound output from any app regardless of wether or not it has a selectable "sound output" device which some streaming service apps may lack. If Blackhole is set as your System Output that should work too but you'll get OS alerts and other sounds coming out of your speakers as well.

Andy Wehmeyer

I just found this post in a google search, but I just got this working last night. Couldn't get Jriver's WDM driver to work, but VSTHost has a version that supports VST3. Sounds great!

Top Bottom