• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pearl Jam Gigaton in Atmos

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FYI, Apple is offering Pearl Jam's new album, Gigaton, in Atmos with accompanying video (Dolby Vision). They were an exclusive theatrical release event for this mix, but let's call the transition from theater to home one of the few good things to come out of covid.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...al-gigaton-experience-coming-apple-tv-988765/

I think it's a little deep bass-shy, but otherwise tastefully mixed. The sound is anchored in front of you and the surrounds/heights just make it bigger. The video is mostly pretty nature stuff that shows off DV.

There was a free trial last week. Today they're selling it. I just bought it for I think 13USD on the AppleTV app. For reference, I paid about that much to have Amazon ship me the 2-channel CD.

bogart

Forum Donor
Drat! My favorite band and somehow I missed this when it was free. I don’t have Atmos HT setup, but I’ve heard the headphones experience can be quite good and would have wanted to try it.

Top Bottom