• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree Carina is Introduced

Which Hypex amp are they using? The specs of 300 into 8 ohm and 580 into 4 ohm don’t match up to an amp that I know of.

Maybe they are using different THD cutoffs compared to Hypex? These seem like a reasonable deal at their sale price if they didn’t skimp on the amp.

Ah, here is a photo of its innards. Looks like a NC502MP.

1689615083884.jpeg

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Peachtree Audio is now showing a 'Carina' integrated amplifier with a GaN amplifier module

Amir reviewed a Peachtree Audio power amplifier with another GaN module on March 13, 2023

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I also agree with others… Should have Dirac. Honestly it’s a lifestyle receiver, it should have HDMI also. But assuming the DAC is ok and you can configure the sub out it’s a sleek looking thing

CHenry

Peachtree Audio is now showing a 'Carina' integrated amplifier with a GaN amplifier module

Amir reviewed a Peachtree Audio power amplifier with another GaN module on March 13, 2023

The "Carina" appears to be their new platform for an integrated with a graphic display, using it both for a Hypex module and GAN, and the "Carina 300" now with a phono input and the 300W module of the original Carina. I am guessing the original Carina will be replaced, as will all of the Nova lineup.

Wow, that GaN400 model is very current limited (also a poor performer in other aspects).

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know you will all will disagree with me, but I am tired of high power specs. I want to know how stuff sounds at mid-volumes, and I don't need stuff that drives floor-standers full range these days. I have discovered a *clean* 50-90W seems ideal for my needs.

I think because Class D allows us to deliver on the wet dream of gobs of *power* semi-cheaply and competently, we are playing that "huge power, dude" game. My priority is on finesse at <95dB.

Last edited:

CHenry

I know you will all will disagree with me, but I am tired of high power specs. I want to know how stuff sounds at mid-volumes, and I don't need stuff that drives floor-standers full range these days. I have discovered a *clean* 50-90W seems ideal for my needs.

I think because Class D allows us to deliver on the wet dream of gobs of *power* semi-cheaply and competently, we are playing that "huge power, dude" game. My priority is on finesse at <95dB.
FWIW, they also play well at low volumes. "Class D" is a changing topology, the newer versions far better than early iterations of the class and of course, much less power- consuming and heat-generating than Class A/AB. The "gobs of power" are useful for some applications, but the Peachtree and others manage to power far less demanding speakers with ease.

Top Bottom