• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree Carina is Introduced

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
carina-ge-front-900h_grande.jpg

carina-ge-rear-900h_grande.jpg

I suspect at the $2000 introductory price this is overpriced also at the $2500 full price Here's a link.

Last edited:

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kind of pretty.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
It is 300W/ch stereo @ 8R and 580W/ch stereo @ 4R so it has that going for it.
I'm just anticipating mediocre DAC and preamp performance based on previous review(s) of Peachtree products on these forums.
Maybe I'm too cynical and pessimistic. I didn't see pre out main in jacks. Those would be nice.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm just anticipating mediocre DAC and preamp performance based on previous review(s) of Peachtree products on these forums.
Maybe I'm too cynical and pessimistic. I didn't see pre out main in jacks. Those would be nice.
One of those was a old model and the other was dated too?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Decent look, high power, if the measurements are decent I don't see why not. You can spend more for less power in an uglier box.

e:I am not encouraged by the "product viz 101" quality renderings, but we'll see I guess.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe, neither was Hypex NCore. One was GaNitride?
This one used, "The product though benefits from using a competent B&O ICE module which has stayed competitive producing far more power than you would expect in a "lifestyle" product of this kind."

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
This one used, "The product though benefits from using a competent B&O ICE module which has stayed competitive producing far more power than you would expect in a "lifestyle" product of this kind."
This review shows I'm likely overly pessimistic about preamp performance, link.
Wouldn't it be nice to have Dirac integrated into this unit?

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This review shows I'm likely overly pessimistic about preamp performance, link.
Wouldn't be nice to Dirac integrated into this unit?
Well... that unit is using that cheesy tube pre-section. That is bound to add heaps of distortion and stuff to the audio signal.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Well... that unit is using that cheesy tube pre-section. That is bound to add heaps of distortion and stuff to the audio signal.
Yet, it got the Happy Panther?

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
I just saw the happy panther and assumed all was good. But, still maybe I'm too quick to diss the Carina?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I just saw the happy panther and assumed all was good. But, still maybe I'm too quick to diss the Carina?
That display looks nice and custom and I wonder if it has a long life expectancy.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
That display looks nice and custom and I wonder if it has a long life expectancy.
Good question. I think I like my miniDSP Flex and Apollon NCMP 400 combo better than the Carina option. Which is why I suggest the Carina is overpriced.

anotherhobby

Forum Donor
Uses the White/Black OLED front panel. Is that a good thing? I'm not up to speed on the ins and outs of display life expectancy these days.
Yes it's good! I think it looks great! The panel dims out completely a brief while after you make adjustments. It's not always on, which solves display life expectancy concerns. I love that it's almost always just jet black.

Top Bottom