• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree amp500 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 47 19.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 166 68.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters

Sokel

Master Contributor
Looks to me like frequency response starts to deviate from flat at about 5KHz and dives from there. I wouldn't call it flat, especially when compared to that of other amps like those from Hypex and Purifi.
Probably the buffer.What is strange is that this appeared on the high power Hypex too,the one with the sparcos,even more sloped than 0.5db at 20Khz.

index.php

Edit:and the DIY NC400 too:
index.php

Edit 2:
Also on the purifi's:

index.php

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Here's a couple,currently out of stock which is strange cause the module itself seems in stock where I got it:

I got it from here along with the 300a2 which I hooked on it:

Thank you

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It must be the buffer because the module measurements are ruler flat for the Purifi module to almost 30KHz.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor

Sokel

Master Contributor

pma

Major Contributor
For 17 bits of distortion free range the grass looks really good.
index.php
Dynamic range is of course much better. It cannot be declared so simply as subtracting noise floor peaks from amplitude of the individual component of the multitone.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Personally I am a fan of the styling. Very "Danish modern". I really enjoy wood or leather on audio equipment. Is it real wood or plastic?
I like it too. If it where sitting alone with other like minded nice looking equipment beside it I think it would look fantastic.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I like it too. If it where sitting alone with other like minded nice looking equipment beside it I think it would look fantastic.
I bought some speakers locally from a guy who had one. It looked very nice to me in person. Even better than the images.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
it nice to see a legacy company still competing
Peachtree is hardly a legacy company. ;)

Is there a way to cover damping factor too? or can you explain why or why you don't test for it .
Covered quite a few times:

Can u mention such 1200as2 amps please
What @Sokel said. It still is highly dependent on where you live, anyway. I used to recommend Apollon AS1200, but its price increased significantly (few hundred Euros) over these last three years. For someone living in NA, the Peachtree Amp500 could make some sense at the end.

I really enjoy wood or leather on audio equipment. Is it real wood or plastic?
Real wood. But from my experience with other Peachtree products, the high gloss does scratch easily.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I reallllly appreciate this review @amirm. I'm in -33C (-27.4F) temperature plus wind chill for a grand total of -46C (-50.8F) outside and this review is a veryyy welcome sight for sore eyes. I have not left the house for maybe a week. Keep the reviews coming!!! :D

Hipster Doofus

Forum Donor
Peachtree is hardly a legacy company. ;)

Covered quite a few times:

What @Sokel said. It still is highly dependent on where you live, anyway. I used to recommend Apollon AS1200, but its price increased significantly (few hundred Euros) over these last three years. For someone living in NA, the Peachtree Amp500 could make some sense at the end.

Real wood. But from my experience with other Peachtree products, the high gloss does scratch easily.
Thanks , seems like they been around longer then 2007…

Cadguy

I reallllly appreciate this review @amirm. I'm in -33C (-27.4F) temperature plus wind chill for a grand total of -46C (-50.8F) outside and this review is a veryyy welcome sight for sore eyes. I have not left the house for maybe a week. Keep the reviews coming!!! :D
I have actually gone skating outdoors when it was -35C with a windchill of -50C :)

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Dang that is cold!!!
Not quite as cold here but still cold and snowing. Just back inside from shoveling and my hands hurt like crazy as they warmed up.
-2f/-19c actual with no wind now but with high winds coming tonight(50mpr)
Going to be close to what you have tmrw morning here.
Stay warm. Good time to dig out an old Krell.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have actually gone skating outdoors when it was -35C with a windchill of -50C :)
I went grocery shopping just as the cold snap started and as I was carrying the 2 med weight bags home when I had a slight asthma attack. Wheezing and whistling lungs from the extreme cold. I was more than a bit concerned. I've had one near death asthma attack in my life and that was enough to scare the daylights out of me. That was from bathroom cleaning products that mixed a bit, created some nasty gas that I inhaled and after I was blue and gray colored and could not get off the couch to make a telephone call for help because I was so weak. I have the clothing to go out in these extreme cold temps but I'm not going to. I ordered-in groceries from Walmart and have lotsa food and stuff so I'm waiting this Arctic air out till warmer days arrive in a few days. :D I love skating. If I had somewhere outdoors to go skating I would be on that like white on rice. Like a canal would be awesome. :D

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Now for a daily dose of pedantry. “Then again it is very unique.” Unique means the only one of its kind. There is no such thing as very unique.
Well, 'Unique', like most English language words has multiple common use cases and therefore meanings.
-Sole is one.
Other common uses=
-unusual
-unequaled
-perculiar
-distinct

Most people I know seem to use it synonomoysly with 'unusual'. I think very few people use it to actual mean 'one of a kind in the literal sense', at least around me.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
high winds coming tonight(50mpr)
Wow... that is going to be nasty cold. I've experienced that kinda cold windy weather on mountaintops when I used to ski and that is danger zone weather for sure.
Stay warm. Good time to did out an old Krell.
I sold my old Krell so that's outta the picture...lol :D

Top Bottom