• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC Part Picker for DACs, AMPs, and Headphones...

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If this doesn't exist already it should - has anyone thought of this or attempted it before? This would really help consumers, especially folks new to the scene. PC Part Picker provides several main benefits that should translate to headphone set-ups:

1) Checklist of items to purchase.
DAC, Amp, interconnects, misc. cables, headphones, power supplies
2) Compares pricing of components from multiple online retailers, in real time.
Amazon, Apos, Shenzen, Moon, Drop, etc...
3) Warns users about compatibility problems among components.
Impedance matching
4) Filter searches on relevant parameters
BT, digital display, remote, pre-amp/pass thru, Balanced vs SE output/input, SINAD etc...

Interested if others would find value in a website like this....

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
ASR would need a whole staff to put that together...

It is a good idea, although audio signal chains can get really complex in unexpected ways. For it to work, the site would have to include a signal chain map (click and drag) from source to speakers. I'm sure HT guys would love it. I could also see people building system profiles and sharing them instead of writing out all of their gear in small font in their signatures.

@amirm ?

OP
Racheski

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR would need a whole staff to put that together...

It is a good idea, although audio signal chains can get really complex in unexpected ways. For it to work, the site would have to include a signal chain map (click and drag) from source to speakers. I'm sure HT guys would love it. I could also see people building system profiles and sharing them instead of writing out all of their gear in small font in their signatures.

@amirm ?
Yes agreed that for speakers this gets very complicated very quickly, so we would stick to DAC/AMP/Headphones initially. A Visio-like GUI would be sweet, but let’s KISS (keep it simple stupid) initially.

if we leveraged the existing data from Amir’s measurements, and find a way to crowd source the maintenance, this actually wouldn’t be that much work. If I had the data as a tabular flat file, I could create a POC in Excel using slicers, or maybe Power Query.

Top Bottom