• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC Motherboard ROG SupremeFX7.1 (DAC ESS® ES9023P) versus Audioengine HD6 (AKM AK4396A DAC)

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
That's why Asus can go fuck themselves. After all this time, they havent changed. This is why I never buy brand new from Asus.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently contacted Asus service they told me that they will only replace my mobo box to box if it is within 7 days from the date of purchase otherwise they will exchange with another mobo which is used by someone but submitted within the warranty period due to some issue {the repaired ones} they keeps on repairing and cycle them from customer to another customer which is really bad.

btw thanks for your support. :)
Hmmz. Last time I had a bad motherboard they said I would get a new one and I didn't want it and so they let me do a upgrade for the cost difference. Good luck with your PC. :D

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I've tested when pc is idle not under any load
I have just replaced HD audio cable with shielded ones it completely removed emi noise.
But on selecting certain bit/sample rates causes the problem...
16/24/32bit above 48khz causes loud hissing only from front I/o right headphone, left channel is completely normal with or without system load on any bit or sample rates... This is weird
Bizarre. This could be a driver bug, actually, those are absolutely not unheard of in the world of Realtek audio (I still remember a version just about a decade ago that would init a number of chips all wrong and result in high-frequency IMD going south as a result). Sound drivers seem to be provided via Windows Update only, so perhaps try going into Device Manager and triggering a search for a new version. Also, see whether disabling and enabling the device has any effect. If that fixes it, I would go into power plan settings and disable fast boot... things might get screwed up in hibernation.

Bachhu bhai

Bizarre. This could be a driver bug, actually, those are absolutely not unheard of in the world of Realtek audio (I still remember a version just about a decade ago that would init a number of chips all wrong and result in high-frequency IMD going south as a result). Sound drivers seem to be provided via Windows Update only, so perhaps try going into Device Manager and triggering a search for a new version. Also, see whether disabling and enabling the device has any effect. If that fixes it, I would go into power plan settings and disable fast boot... things might get screwed up in hibernation.
How could I rule out whether it is a software bug or faulty audio...???
plz, guide me...

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
When I used to own a dell, they offered there own take on the Realtek drivers called "Maxxaudio". I hunted down the actual Realtek drivers and they worked fine.

Bachhu bhai

Hmmz. Last time I had a bad motherboard they said I would get a new one and I didn't want it and so they let me do a upgrade for the cost difference. Good luck with your PC. :D
New update:
I've recently noticed that on playing games around 2-3 hrs continuously somehow hot air from my RTX 3090 reaches directly over the front audio i/o circuitry on the motherboard which causes massive hissing/popping noise through the right earpiece generally when no audio is playing (like accessing the in-game pause menu) this hissing/popping is irrespective of bit/sample rates but as soon as I start playing the hissing/popping noise is 50% masked by in-game music/voice.

Workarounds:
1. so I decided to restart my desktop immediately to enter in BIOS menu so the windows OS/driver don't interact with audio hardware (as i think so) and again I can clearly hear hissing/popping noise from the right earpiece in the BIOS menu but after 15-30 min when the temperature drops the hissing/popping noise is gone.
2. On firmly pressing the audio shield over the audio circuitry cause noise become more prominent but still, the only affected channel is the right one.

Conclusion:
due to the rise in temperature over the front audio i/o circuitry on the motherboard noise is only audible from the right earpeice not from the left earpiece instead temperatures rise uniformly over the entire surface but only the right channel is affected. which clearly indicate that it is not a driver issue it's faulty hardware.

any suggestion will be appreciated.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
New update:
I've recently noticed that on playing games around 2-3 hrs continuously somehow hot air from my RTX 3090 reaches directly over the front audio i/o circuitry on the motherboard which causes massive hissing/popping noise through the right earpiece generally when no audio is playing (like accessing the in-game pause menu) this hissing/popping is irrespective of bit/sample rates but as soon as I start playing the hissing/popping noise is 50% masked by in-game music/voice.

Workarounds:
1. so I decided to restart my desktop immediately to enter in BIOS menu so the windows OS/driver don't interact with audio hardware (as i think so) and again I can clearly hear hissing/popping noise from the right earpiece in the BIOS menu but after 15-30 min when the temperature drops the hissing/popping noise is gone.
2. On firmly pressing the audio shield over the audio circuitry cause noise become more prominent but still, the only affected channel is the right one.

Conclusion:
due to the rise in temperature over the front audio i/o circuitry on the motherboard noise is only audible from the right earpeice not from the left earpiece instead temperatures rise uniformly over the entire surface but only the right channel is affected. which clearly indicate that it is not a driver issue it's faulty hardware.

any suggestion will be appreciated.
Exchange it with ASUS for another motherboard. It's a pain in the butt I know although there is no other option.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
That does sound like some sort of manufacturing defect., perhaps as trivial as a bad solder joint... I'd suspect the external external DAC and analog output stage area. Fancy sound chips can get quite warm by themselves anyway, they don't need substantial external heating on top of that.

With a hot-headed RTX3090 at hand, I would contemplate a watercooling solution for it... I realize it's not a trivial job, not to mention these cards are pretty much worth their weight in gold these days. Modern cases may also offer alternative mounting options to be used with a riser.

Top Bottom