• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC enthusiasts, sanity check my new PC please

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Up until last week, I used a 6000 series GPU and had no issue with sound through DP or HDMI.

The card failed catastrophically and I replaced it for a 7000 series. The result is that sound is completely broken on both outputs: it is either horrendously noisy or inexistent.

Browsing on forums, it seems that this is a common issue for the new series of Nvidia GPU's too, so chances are that there is something very wrong with drivers.

I don't know if someone around here has contacts with AMD, but this is a serious functionality issue. I have reported it, but I doubt my words have any weight.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a bummer you went with a "pleb spec" AIO then, a custom loop would have been the one way to actually accommodate a 240mm radiator. Oh well.

Yeah, but like @Count Arthur I stopped OCing CPU, GPU and North Bridges, so absolute cooling capacity became less of a concern. I've been very happy with my build for 5 years.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yesterday i saw this:
1676022459298-png.1323314

Should i have bought a different card than the RX 6750 XT? I have doubts now.
khZKVAg.jpeg

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I think that is measured with upscaling software. AMD has not released FSR 3, so chances are it will improve.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Yesterday i saw this:
1676022459298-png.1323314

Should i have bought a different card than the RX 6750 XT? I have doubts now.
View attachment 263802

I'm guessing, that's for Ray Tracing (RT), which I understand the AMD Radeon cards are not great at. However, there aren't that many games that use RT, and those that do, will work without it.

I think it's easy to to get carried away when looking at benchmarks and focus on the frame rates at high resolutions ( >1440p) with the graphics details and effects maxed out. Whereas many games still look great and are fun to play at lower settings. Using the Radeon 5700XT Super Resolution feature, I can't really see the difference in image quality between 1440p and 1080p upscaled, but I do get higher FPS. :)

As with CPUs I've never stuck with one brand and have had a selection of Intel and AMP CPUs and Nvidia and ATI/AMD GPUs over the years, selecting whichever is the better value at the time of buying. There was a time when I thought that the Nvidia drivers were much better than AMD, but the current AMD Adrenalin drivers/software seems pretty good and I'm quite pleased with my current all AMD system.

Top Bottom