• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PC centered interface

bathroomskank

Hello,

I will move from the Yamaha Musiccast to a MiniDSP Flex. I am currently using a PC connected via Toslink to my amp. I would like to find a linux based interface running from the PC which could be displayed on the TV or controlled with a smartphone to play music from a server or streaming apps.

Thank you.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Volumio for MPD based system, or daphile for a LogitechMediaServer based one. Control via browser, local interface (which is an embedded web browser presenting the usual browser interface) or use one of the remote apps for MPD or LMS.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
An easy way to do this is to hook you PC to you TV via HDMI so it can serve as your control monitor and then use a Logitech wireless keyboard connected to the the PC via its dongle. Then connect the PC to the Flex via usb, and you can see its control interface on your TV, as well as using the PC as your server/streamer.

OP
B

bathroomskank

@phoenixdogfan That is exactly what I have currently. It's not that bad, but I would prefer being able to have control from the smartphone instead of the Logitech keyboard because I find more convenient.

I would like to install moodeaudio but it seems to be running exclusively on Raspberry Pi

Top Bottom