• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Beave

Major Contributor
Bog standard;
75100695_586554878747364_1396394937100009472_n.jpg

:facepalm:

JSmith

Didn't that person ever hear the sage advice "Don't Squeeze the Charmin?!?!?!"

Last edited:

JWAmerica

So what is the formula for calculating weight of massively oversized ***** cable on various ports (pedophilia related I assume overall)?

I genuinely want to hear more about the cable girth to pedophilia correlation.

JWAmerica

So if a person says something to me thats untrue but believes it, he's not lying? What difference does his belief mean to me. (especially when you can't refute as in these videos). Nothing, I'm still getting a lie. And when someone has a large following and is assumed by that following to be an expert and right most of the time, it matters even less that he beliefs his lies. And when that someone makes money on his lies I feel the need to say something short and to the point. He's a liar.
Someone being wrong does not make them a liar. It's fairly simple. There have been many lies propagated throughout history and at the time these lies were widely accepted as truth by the uninformed. The unwashed masses are not liars for spreading what they were deceived by. They were simply ignorant and uncritical. Which does not make them liars, only useful idiots.

Newman

Major Contributor
We are not talking about ‘useful idiots‘ here, we are talking about professionals, with a lot of audio knowledge, choosing to make public declarations about what is true in audio.

The realistic options in assessing such people choosing to make statements that are categorically false, are lying, and unprofessional irresponsibility/negligence. The bar is raised.

JWAmerica

We are not talking about ‘useful idiots‘ here, we are talking about professionals, with a lot of audio knowledge, choosing to make public declarations about what is true in audio.

The realistic options in assessing such people choosing to make statements that are categorically false, are lying, and unprofessional irresponsibility/negligence. The bar is raised.
Are they professionals or are they simply successful in the industry? Beats by Dre made a ton of money. Has Paul displayed professional competency or is he just making money? Idiots can make a lot of money too, especially if they're selling to other idiots. True believers who huff their own BS are the most convincing salesmen.

Reactions: OWC

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning

And who deems someone a "professional"? You?

Lying is intentionally stating something you know is untrue. If you state something you believe is true, but isn't, it's not lying. "Lying" contains the element of intentionality.

Newman

Major Contributor
Perhaps re-read my posts #162 and #174, which answered your questions before you asked them.

In fact I see your post #172 proves you already read my #162, so you are just going in circles and being unconstructive.

jsrtheta

Perhaps re-read my posts #162 and #174, which answered your questions before you asked them.

In fact I see your post #172 proves you already read my #162, so you are just going in circles and being unconstructive.
Being "constructive" with you would be a waste of time.

Anyway, adieu to this conversation.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wha.wha.what???
Pedophilia?
Have you gone mad?
Okay substitute audiophilia. I was thinking more the big massive diameter "audiophile" cabling vs port reality.....I have a dark sense of humor sometimes. But audiophilia with cabling is a serious disease otoh, just like (edited).

Last edited:

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Okay substitute audiophilia. I was thinking more the big massive diameter "audiophile" cabling vs port reality.....I have a dark sense of humor sometimes. But audiophilia with cabling is a serious disease otoh, just like (edited)
You're live in a strange world comparing a hobby and a crime.

Last edited by a moderator:

billyjoebob

Okay substitute audiophilia. I was thinking more the big massive diameter "audiophile" cabling vs port reality.....I have a dark sense of humor sometimes. But audiophilia with cabling is a serious disease otoh, just like (edited).
Why do you care how thick someone else's cables are?
How does that affect your daily life?
Maybe this ain't your hobby.
Just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why do you care how thick someone else's cables are?
How does that affect your daily life?
Maybe this ain't your hobby.
Just sayin.
Maybe this ain't your typical audio forum, where often cable nonsense is put on a pedestal by those pushing it/enabling it. I just hate to see a newbie falling for such idiocy.

Beave

Major Contributor
I had to look that one up as we didn't have that brand here... that is a ridiculous yet amusing piece of retro advertising;

JSmith

I may have to re-think my position on using toilet paper in audiophile setups. According to that commercial, one can "See, Feel, and Hear the Difference" with the new Charmin! So maybe they did have audiophiles in mind when they created it!?!?

Nasty side note: Hear the difference? In toilet paper? I'm not sure what they meant by that, and I don't think I should think about it any more.

Robin L

Master Contributor
I had to look that one up as we didn't have that brand here... that is a ridiculous yet amusing piece of retro advertising;

JSmith
OIP.jpg

Robin L

Master Contributor
I may have to re-think my position on using toilet paper in audiophile setups. According to that commercial, one can "See, Feel, and Hear the Difference" with the new Charmin! So maybe they did have audiophiles in mind when they created it!?!?

Nasty side note: Hear the difference? In toilet paper? I'm not sure what they meant by that, and I don't think I should think about it any more.
Useful tweak if you're stuck with a speaker with awful treble response [Like the original WATTs].
John Curl did it and so can you!

Don Hills

Useful tweak if you're stuck with a speaker with awful treble response [Like the original WATTs].
John Curl did it and so can you!
Tissue (or toilet paper) over the tweeter is a common tweak for a certain model of speaker widely used as near-field studio monitors.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Tissue (or toilet paper) over the tweeter is a common tweak for a certain model of speaker widely used as near-field studio monitors.
I remember Steve Hoffman saying the same.

Top Bottom