• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Real audiophiles know that rather than lifting the cables, it's better to re-locate the room to a lower elevation.
MV5BNTk1MGZiMTUtMWY4My00ZWNiLTllNjMtYjA5M2FkMzNmMGUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA0MzYwMDY@._V1_.jpg

Murray A

Forum Donor
As Murray A say above, the Paul videos have a clear educating value for beginners.

That said when i see the post in this thread i am quiet speechless of total absence of moderation on the site, giving an opinion shall not be offensive…, that is not matching with ASR.

The people doing this are not at right place Instead to do this and give inappropriate comment on PS Audio and Paul please explain technically your point of view !

what is read is pathetic and childish what disappointing content for ASR

Please don't imply that I was endorsing Paul's Videos in any way. My comment was to point out that consumers of audio gear shoud educate themselves about how audio technology really works.

ASR is a resonable source of information, but the SNR suffers due to the "pile on" effect of some members commentary here.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
This is whats inside your concrete walls and floor. Its made of iron and its magnetic. Does it matter ?
View attachment 186552View attachment 186553
You mean the same thing that surrounds and is in most of your audio electronics (the case, transformers, screws etc). Take the case where it would be most obvious, 100' mic cables on the floor. Name me one recording studio that lifts there cables.

Last edited:

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Please don't imply that I was endorsing Paul's Videos in any way. My comment was to point out that consumers of audio gear shoud educate themselves about how audio technology really works.

ASR is a resonable source of information, but the SNR suffers due to the "pile on" effect of some members commentary here.
The problem is finding that education. The amount of BS out there far out weighs the truth. And the liars have gotten very good at concealing the BS and twisting the bit of truth they know, which in Paul's case is pathetic.. He's a liar and a moron.

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The problem is finding that education. The amount of BS out there far out weighs the truth. And the liars have gotten very good at concealing the BS and twisting the bit of truth they know, which in Paul's case is pathetic.. He's a liar and a moron.
Or he just believes in this stuff.

jsrtheta

Then he's a moron for sure. Does believing a lie make it true? Then he's also a liar.
"Liar" is not a word I'd toss around lightly. There are a lot of educated, intelligent people who believe foolish things.

Digby

Major Contributor
From his videos Paul seems to be a charismatic and friendly guy, people like to buy things from people like Paul. I think some here overestimate what impact knowledge (of either the salesman or the customer) has on whether somebody will or won't purchase an item.

You can throw as many measurements and figures as you like at many (most?) people, and they will not budge an inch. The reason why they buy things is to do with many others things beyond pure function.

jsrtheta

Someone who lies is a liar. Its not complicated.
That's simply untrue. If someone says something that is untrue, but they believe it's true, they're not lying.

Your reasoning reminds me of the late Ross Perot. Perot was fond of saying, in regard to complex problems, "It's really very simple." In fact, what he was talking about was invariably not "very simple" at all.

DanielT

Major Contributor
That's simply untrue. If someone says something that is untrue, but they believe it's true, they're not lying.

Your reasoning reminds me of the late Ross Perot. Perot was fond of saying, in regard to complex problems, "It's really very simple." In fact, what he was talking about was invariably not "very simple" at all.
- Is it true that everything you say is a lie?

- Yes

JWAmerica

This is the same guy who says SINAD doesn't matter. I wonder what prompted him to say that.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor

If someone says something that is untrue, but they believe it's true, they're not lying.

What that means. If they believe its the truth than its true.. You reasoning reminds me of no reasoning.

mightycicadalord

I said it once and I'll say it again, this trend of finding people to shit on then post it here, knowing the response, has to stop. It's pandering. Unfortunately Amir has already stated he is ok with this so whatever. A nasty aspect of the forum that seems like it's here to stay.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

This has been one of the worse features of the coarsening of public discourse: the rampant use of the term "lie" as a substitute for "untrue" or "falsehood."

Of course people passionately hold different beliefs and conclusions. But the new discourse is that, when someone says something you believe to be untrue, now you say "that's a lie!" rather than "that is false."

By using the term "lie" you take away the benefit of granting the other person may...just like yourself...actually believe what he says.
And calling something a "lie" also lends the user of that term the juicy sense of moralizing at the same time - something you don't get by just pointing out something is false.

I would hope this trend of automatic moralizing and giving people the least benefit of the doubt possible subsides at some point, but the increasingly antagonistic divisions in society don't bode well.

(Often enough some people will want to defend the use of "lie" by saying "look, he/she HAS to know what they've said is untrue!" But that often rests on a naive take on human psychology - we really, really can get ourselves down cognitive rabbit holes and the "sense" you think you are making isn't what makes "sense" to the other person, unfortunately).

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
(Often enough some people will want to defend the use of "lie" by saying "look, he/she HAS to know what they've said is untrue!" But that's just a vapid take on human psychology - we really, really can get ourselves down cognitive rabbit holes and the "sense" you think you are making isn't what makes "sense" to the other person, unfortunately).
That doesn’t mean I can’t keep those people accountable for whatever they believe, lie or not. The belief often goes hand in hand with a refusal to look al logic and science, even when pointed out time and time again.

Top Bottom