• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Patreon Donations for Audio Hardware Review and Measurements

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Signed up, good community, I'm sticking around!
Thank you so much. I updated your title.

For those of you using Patreon, please send me message after you decide to contribute so that I can reflect that in your title. Unlike direct donations to the forum, there is no automatic process for that.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi Amir, I put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. Signed up now for Audio Nutz via patreon.
Much appreciated. I updated your title.

For some reason I don't get notifications from Patreon anymore when people sign up. And when I go there, often I can't match email addresses from there to here. So I recommend that members contact me when they sign up for patreon donation so that I can recognize as such with a new title.

Thanks everyone.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This is the only place I have ever donated to via Patreon. I really believe in what Amir is doing here.
Thanks! I didn't realize you had donated. I updated your title.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Thanks! I didn't realize you had donated. I updated your title.
Yes I donated last year, and I just donated this year again. This year I can't exactly afford the "big" package. But still glad to help out.

ArashH

Hi Amir- this is the 1st site I've found that is audiophile related, has no advertisers (almost unblievable), and actually measures stuff. For someone like me who is too poor for this hubby to begin with and can't buy expensive stuff just to try and move on to the next, a site like this is the only/last hope. My point is that keeping this the way it is should be a priority for folks like me which brings me to my suggestion. I think there should be a more clear and easy to find link on the main page (we need a home button under menu) that let people know that they can support ASR with a some $s as well as easy links in that section to allow users to easily tweet/Facebook/....etc a link to this site so the word gets out and more members are created. I happened to come across a link for patreon by chance which I set up with a very modest donation but later saw another that would allow for a one time payments of $50 or $100 and such. Then I read somewhere that perhaps ASR gets more of the money this way as oppose to patreon... I just hope that putting all that info in one place which is also very visible and easy to find might help. Also I can't find a link/button for "home" like most sites have under the menu which I think is good to have. I apologize for sounding like i know what I'm talking about as im sure you know way better. Im just hoping for sites like yours to succeed for the sake of consumer whom are greatly taken advantage of in our current system.
Thank you
Arash.H

ArashH

By the way, after I posted above I tried to find the links for donating for the year without Patreon and can't find it. I'll try searching some more but I think We really need a big banner in home page for this.
Thanks

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello Arash. Thanks for the kind donation and words. I just upgraded your title. Unfortunately there is no integration between Patreon and this site so any donations there require me manually find the user to give them the right title. So yes, donating directly to the forum is better in that regard and that the fees are lower than what Patreon charges.

The direct links for donations is at the bottom of every review including this link for direct support: https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...eview-and-measurements.2164/page-3#post-59054

Your suggestion is a good one though. I will create a dedicated page for donations. I have been remiss in doing so because a) I can be too lazy :) and b) don't want to look too pushy when it comes to collecting money.

ArashH

Thanks Amir. I get it about trying to not be pushy. You'd hope after living in the real world for a while folks learn that nothing is free and if it is, it wont last.
Thanks again and best of luck

ArashH

Thank you.

Top Bottom