• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Passive Bookshelf Speakers ~$3k (Desk)

OP
concorde1

concorde1

So I'd pick Arendals for best spin, but at a price premium.
Or to save some money, JBL LSR6332 would be my 2nd pick, with decent quality spin.
I'm curious why you suggest the Arendal spin is better? The JBL spin looks quite a bit better to me.

I can get the JBL's locally for about 2100 USD a pair :)

Arendal's - likely 4000 USD a pair.

March's - likely 5000 USD a pair - unless Australian tax is deducted given that I pay NZ tax

Holmz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm curious why you suggest the Arendal spin is better? The JBL spin looks quite a bit better to me.

I can get the JBL's locally for about 2100 USD a pair :)

Arendal's - likely 4000 USD a pair.

March's - likely 5000 USD a pair - unless Australian tax is deducted given that I pay NZ tax

I have not heard the first 2 speakers.
Always a hard decision with cost involved. If it was not involved it would be easy.

Happy ANZAC weekend Cuzzy-Bro. ;)

OP
concorde1

concorde1

I decided to forget about woofer diameter and I bought a pair of March Sointuva!
If March comes out with a 2- or 3- way bookshelf/monitor with the new Purifi 8" woofer, I'll be buying that most likely!

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
I noticed Salk sound has some bookies around that price, yet I never hear anyone talk about them. Great finish to them also .

jonfitch

I noticed Salk sound has some bookies around that price, yet I never hear anyone talk about them. Great finish to them also .

Domes and especially ribbons usually don't perform very well near-field compared to coaxials due to vertical axis issues. Although if you can get the tweeters to ear-level I suppose that would alleviate those concerns.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's really not about tweeter type, but the spacing between the drivers.

Top Bottom