• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Parlor trick exposed

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reading high end audio advertisements, Poe's Law seems to hover near by.

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So at a level that matters to an electron copper grows bushes and deep forests if it sits dormant? Seems like the proper approach would be to connect 1000 volts across a dead short and blast a super smooth super highway for electrons to traverse. Instant burn in. Maybe I should make that product. The Electron Path Pacifier. Does an instant and total burn in for a few seconds every time you turn on your audio system.
May I suggest for the sake of gaining the subjectivist audiophile trade, that you reconsider the product name? Electron Path Pacifier could suggest that the music will be robbed of all pace, rhythm, and timing. The word pacifier is problematic, I feel. Perhaps Electron Path Galvanizer would be better?

agtp

To be taken seriously, the word “quantum” must be included in any product name.

agtp

If they're dumb enough to sign up for an organization as such that's their problem.
I don't know of any audiophool organization that requires anyone to sign a life contract.
God Bless you little heart.

Hi Sal,

Purposeful obfuscation? The fraudulent audiophool companies do the same.

God Bless you little heart.

This doesn’t follow logically. How can something never to have been shown to exist be a proposed cause or result of anything? I take it you reject audio fairies as an explanation for auditory perceptions?

Cause and effect:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh Lord, How long are you going to beat your extreme atheist drum here?
Don't worry, Christmas will soon be around again and you can go kick over more Christmas trees and manger scenes to vent your frustrations.
Jesus loves you anyway, but you may still have to do your time in the Hell for your irreverence. ;)

agtp

Oh Lord, How long are you going to beat your extreme atheist drum here?
Don't worry, Christmas will soon be around again and you can go kick over more Christmas trees and manger scenes to vent your frustrations.
Jesus loves you anyway, but you may still have to do your time in the Hell for your irreverence. ;)

What are you talking about? I’m asking you questions about your epistemology and afairyism and you haven’t answered a single one. How long are you going to beat your extreme anti-audio-fairy drum here? Are you going to kick over more tweaks and cable-risers to vent your frustrations? Audio fairy loves you anyway, but she will punish you for with an inability to perceive her subtle but obvious audio improvements until you can acknowledge her existence and significance in this hobby.:)

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sense a huge potential market here. A complete design is way beyond my ability. I'd love to be a subcontractor though: may I interest you in some of my Super Conductive Audiophile Magnets?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That Nordost debacle sucks... Ask someone to include a response, but don't take down information from the internet because you don't like it. Can't support companies that engage in this kind of behavior.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Has anyone read Waldrep's book? http://musicandaudioguide.com/

It's kind of split in its motivations (50% hi-rez explanation/50% mythbusting), but is good overall. Those with multichannel systems will enjoy the test tracks that come with it. Plenty more examples of industry idiocy there.

Also, the classic Blue Jeans reply to Monster: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/

Outside of one or two legal novels I've read, that reply was the best thing I've read in a long time. No wonder Monster never replied.

I want that guy as my lawyer!

Top Bottom