• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paris Audio Video Show 2021

Jasaudio

Chez Atoll, c'était le nouveau ST300
lecteur-reseau-atoll-electronique-st300-signature-argent_91382_NM7HjDyzY4E.png
lecteur-reseau-atoll-electronique-st300-signature-argent_91382_NM7HjDyzY4E.png
lecteur-reseau-atoll-electronique-st300-signature-argent_91381_kRbjMU8Zf0.png

Jasaudio

Nouveau ST 300 signature :Streamer/preampli /dac / entrée analogique 2800€

Fifoumed

Forum Donor
I am too young to have known Georges Cabasse (RIP) when he was leading the brand, but he was hands down one of the most competent speaker designer that ever existed, with a lot of interest for research, and honest/no-BS approach.

About the Pearl Pelegrina: maybe it is effectively good or who knows, even "great"... I'm just sad they chose to use such nonsense numbers for overly agressive marketing purposes à la Devialet.
Indeed. I would be so great if @amirm could put a hand on a Baltic 3 (evo) or 4 : they're passive satellite balls (35 cm diameter 3 way 85-22000Hz) concentric spheres, it would be very interesting to compair with the Genelec 8341.
Both newer active models (4 ways if i remember well) medium sized Pearl (#same size as Baltic and smaller Pearl Akoya) could be compared to the genelecs. ✌️

Scytales

Forum Donor
Out of curiosity, I'd rather see a test bench of a Cabasse Corvette M2...

Ragnarsson

The following link provides a PAVS 2021 album made by Homecinema-fr French language forum:
Go to "Sommaire" section and you'll find direct links per brands with a lot of pictures

Ragnarsson

I stand corrected (and needed further information, TBH) but the gear you see on top next to the Atoll PRE400 is the Atohm RS700. I believed it was only some active crossover, but it is in fact a fully DSP-based power amp :
View attachment 163590View attachment 163591
What you've got is dual mono Class D (two IcePower 700AS1) with very interesting features such as pass-through outputs, LPF and HPF adjustments to match subs. It includes DSP optimizations for either GT1, GT2 or GT3-HD speakers, power adjustments and soft clipping to prevent excursion and so on. It will be released within the next few weeks at 3500€. Sounds very promising, but makes sense only if paired with Atohm GT speakers...

View attachment 163593

It is not a DSP in the usual sense, but an amp with some digital processing functions, accessible through physical control (knobs). The most interesting is the processing dedicated and optimised for GT loudspeakers serie. I had a side signal processing discussion about with T. Comte, they are some not told interesting signal processing features in this optimisation (I wont tell more). But once cannot configure specific processing.
The processing board is specific to Atohm and was made for them.
The listening session with the GT-3 loudspeaker was very good with this optimisation.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the input.
It is not a DSP in the usual sense, but an amp with some digital processing functions, accessible through physical control (knobs). The most interesting is the processing dedicated and optimised for GT loudspeakers serie.
Indeed. Does "DSP" have another meaning for you? ;)
The processing board is specific to Atohm and was made for them.
For the 3500€ asked, it better is !

Last edited:

Ragnarsson

Indeed. Does "DSP" have another meaning for you? ;)
When it allows to configure the filters, delays and EQs I want, like a miniDSP SHD, or a pro DSP like the ones from Xilica and others.
Here it is an amplifier with integrated signal processing. Anyway it is a nice product. But I need to configure my own biquads or FIR taps.

Jake Cushing

It's DSP.

Re the looks of B&W - it's clever in that the overtly ugly look (like a creature from a Pixar movie or video game) probably induces a view that 'well it must sound great because its so ugly'. A philosophy that clearly works, given the appearance of so much ridiculously expensive gear for sale around the world. The more expensive, the more absurd the look seems to be the general equation.

Last edited:

Descartes

Major Contributor
No, it's 35k. I believe it costs 50k$ in US.

Anyway, this is priced about the same as others, such as 801D4 or Z3 Cryo (sounded "better" than the aforementioned) Magico A5 and so on.
N’importe quoi!

These prices are just for the top 0.1% I guess!

Descartes

Major Contributor
While I'm no B&W fan, I have to give them credit when it comes to visual design - regardless if you like the looks or not - because they have a design philosophy which lets you know instantly that you're looking at a B&W. So many speaker companies seem to design each speaker as if its the only speaker a company makes and you have to look at the logo to determine who makes it. It's an issue many auto manufacturers have as well.
I find the new B&W design really ugly, the drivers stick out like portholes on a ship !

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

DonDish

Great room. I'm simply in love with these amp's industrial design. The one in black is the flagship SU-R1000 and the smaller in silver is SU-G700M2.
Finally Technics got back the dark faceplates. Now get rid of those blue leds.
se-a1000.jpg

Golden oldie SE-A1000

ririt

View attachment 232366
Free tickets for the Paris Audio Video Show 2022:
(Thanks to HomeCinema-fr forum)

Lineup:
Vintage Flanker, many thanks for the info! I already get a free ticket to spend a day at the next Paris Audio Show!

Top Bottom