• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paris Audio Video Show 2021

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Easily my favorite demo of the show. Atohm is one of the most trusted driver manufacturers here. They publish complete datasheets with Klippel measurements. I had no experience with their GT range before and wanted a listen for a long time. Atoll, on the other hand : not a big fan. I find their products overpriced and kind of lacking on the technical side. Here are, from top to bottom : PR400 Signature preamp (edit: next to it is the Atohm RS700 DSP power amp), AM400 power amp, ST300 Signature streamer and IN200 Signature integrated amp. Speakers are from sides to center, GT3-HD, GT2-HD (Towers) and the tiny GT1-HD (standmounts). They all performed excellent. Smooth and balanced. Very different music styles were played (including dubstep... no joke) at several SPLs and they did a great job every time. Soundstage was exceptionally consistent, each fade-in so well that at some point I was unable to locate which one was playing. Even when I was standing up in a corner of the room, they still sounded decent off-axis. I guess these should measure with some very wide directivity. If I happen to go back to the passive world, I would seriously consider Atohm GTs. These won't come cheap, tho : 7980€ for a pair of GT3-HD, 4490€ for GT2s and 2490€ for GT1s.
Fresh SoundStage measurements confirm their good behaviour:

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
GT1_HD_tweeter.jpg
The tweeter is a beautiful part. on the other hand, Athom announces a sensitivity of 89 db but on the measurements we are very far from it as we could suspect it .

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Atohm GT line speakers have a specific crossover that can explain the sound field coherence.
The crossover section for the tweeter has a delay cell that place in phase the tweeter with the midrange speaker.
The end result is the same as the hold method that makes a step in the speaker enclosure moving the tweeter backward.
Did somebody succeeded to listen to the Atohm GT 3 way tower speaker?

Top Bottom