• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Parametric settings for the HE-560

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have been running the RME eq flat and it sounds good with the HE-560's but was wondering if anybody has suggestions for the eq for these headphones. I looked at the frequency response graph and took a guess but I dont really know if I am doing it right, so I have been running it flat for now. Maybe its fine flat, but I would like to get all I can towards neutral.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Play some pink noise. Not too loud...

Twist the knobs down and up for various frequency bands until you think no band sticks out or is too low.

Make a band too hot so you know where it is, turn it down too low till you miss it, then bring it to your perceived balance point.

Listen to varied music with and without that setting (assuming it has a defeat button).

Adjust to taste. Nobody else has to like it.

Post results so we can argue about it.

Last edited:

pierre

Forum Donor
I use
he560.jpeg
argue as much as you want.

OP
Rod

Rod

OK Ray will do. Always nice to wake up to a good argument when the sun is rising to the east, cup of coffee in the hand, and a Marlboro smoke to enjoy. Retirement is good.

Top Bottom