• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PARAMETRIC EQ

Xaviedie

Hello, what "parametric EQ" does @amirm use during his tests?

Excuse my English, I'm French and use "google translate".

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a filter that manipulates what sound is being outputted for a particular purpose (improve tonality in this case).

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, what "parametric EQ" does @amirm use during his tests?

Excuse my English, I'm French and use "google translate".
He uses the built in DSP for Roon. There are other free software on various platforms that will do the same job.

OP
X

Xaviedie

Thx very much

Which ones do you recommend?

OP
X

Xaviedie

Focal Aria 906 correct EQ (ROON by @amirm) ==> Equalizer Apo

How to do it, I'm a beginner

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2022-08-06 12.37.42.png
    Capture d'écran 2022-08-06 12.37.42.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Capture d'écran 2022-08-06 12.33.17.png
    Capture d'écran 2022-08-06 12.33.17.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

jae

Major Contributor
Copy the settings into the sliders and the box under them, and make sure to save the prese. Or you can try these I've attached (use "Importer") next to the AutoEq button and select the text file I attached and it will do the same thing. One of them is Amir's setting, the other is a one generated from the spinorama data. Try both and see which one you like.

Attachments

• 906aria-autoeq.txt
    652 bytes · Views: 50
  • 906_amir.txt
    157 bytes · Views: 46
OP
X

Xaviedie

Copy the settings into the sliders and the box under them, and make sure to save the prese. Or you can try these I've attached (use "Importer") next to the AutoEq button and select the text file I attached and it will do the same thing. One of them is Amir's setting, the other is a one generated from the spinorama data. Try both and see which one you like.
Good job, it's good ^
My favorite is "Amir setting"
Thx

AwesomeSauce2015

RE the recommendations to use PEACE gui.
Although PEACE does make Equalizer APO a lot easier to use, there is a lot more power available if you use the configuration editor in EQAPO.
You can chain multiple processing blocks which you can easily disable. For example, if you have your room / speaker EQ, you can leave that on but add a separate block for tone control, which you can bypass with 1 button click.

But the EQAPO is good either way, I just recently moved on to a DSP amp to simplify things...

jae

Major Contributor
RE the recommendations to use PEACE gui.
Although PEACE does make Equalizer APO a lot easier to use, there is a lot more power available if you use the configuration editor in EQAPO.
You can chain multiple processing blocks which you can easily disable. For example, if you have your room / speaker EQ, you can leave that on but add a separate block for tone control, which you can bypass with 1 button click.

But the EQAPO is good either way, I just recently moved on to a DSP amp to simplify things...
I believe this can be done as well with peace by using the automation function, which can also be controlled with hotkeys, click on the "little man" icon next to the profiles and you can choose which profiles are always active? There is also a bass/treble control in the effects panel as well if someone wanted to use it.

Top Bottom