• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Parametric EQ options for Linux

xykreinov

Forum Donor
Anyone aware software parametric EQ options for Linux?

I am currently using PulseEffects. While its parametric EQ is totally capable for what I need, the program has a bit too much latency for my liking. With balanced out settings to minimize latency while still keeping stutters/pops in check, I get 80-95ms of latency. On top of the latency of PulseAudio, that's quite a lot of lag.

I understand I can tweak PulseAudio configuration files and use lower latency kernels, but the former has caused too much overhead in my experience. Besides, I'd still be getting the same 80-95ms of latency on top of whatever tweaks I do, seeing as PulseEffects is separate.

So, I'm looking for alternatives in general. All I need is a parametric EQ. PulseEffects has all sorts of DSP options built in, so I'm thinking a simpler program with just parametric EQ might lead to less latency.
But, it has to be parametric. I'm aware of other system-wide fixed-band EQs. They are useless to me.

Top Bottom