• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paradigm's new Founder serie

jayking8

I had listened the 100H and i found it very pretty and nice sounding... i didn't hear any weird thing about it's bass, but also i notice the 120H version use 3 x 8'', the 100F use 3 x 7'' which is a lot give it's size, maybe 3 x 8'' it's a bit of a abuse?
The 120H is a hybrid design with powered woofers. They have 1000watt RMS (2000 watt peak) amplifiers with built in DSP powering the 3 x 8inch woofers. They perform amazingly well in a variety of rooms because of the DSP and the tweeter's waveguide.

jayking8

If I could afford them, the 120H might be nice option for people like me whose system is in a family room in which WAF precludes the possibility of having one or more subs.
I bought them because I don't have the floor space for separate subs and it has worked out really well. The built in ARC genesis DSP has helped me get a much flatter frequency response below 100hz as well.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I bought them because I don't have the floor space for separate subs and it has worked out really well. The built in ARC genesis DSP has helped me get a much flatter frequency response below 100hz as well.
Thanks. I assume they could also be used in a multi-channel A/V system, even when using the built-in ARC correction below 100Hz? I would be using the home theater bypass feature of my preamp when watching movies. My preamp also has ARC, and my AVR has Audessey, so it gets confusing to me.

SoaringBear

I recently listened to the 100F and found it to be bass heavy around 250Hz. However, I liked the sound of the 80F well. The treble seemed to roll off and I wonder if they would have enough detail.

Top Bottom