• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paradigm Persona,

Descartes

Major Contributor
Sadly we did. My company was a dealer for them for about a year or two. Had a to take back a lot of products that failed in the field that they could not even fix.
Did that also include Anthem AVM processors?

Descartes

Major Contributor
I heard them at a dealer years when they first launched with my son and the sound they make was hurting his ears they sounded very fatiguing after 10 minutes at normal level 70db

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I heard them at a dealer years when they first launched with my son and the sound they make was hurting his ears they sounded very fatiguing after 10 minutes at normal level 70db
And there's little mystery about that. They have what you might call a "Reverse BBC Dip" and accelerating sound power above 8Khz. It's a bad case of "showroom presence/treble", which reveals a ton of detail (sound of the bow on the strings, etc.) but is hellish if you listen for more than a minute.

Spin%2B-%2BParadigm%2BPersona%2B3F%2Braw.png

918ParaP5Ffig4.jpg

When I heard them in comparison to KEF and Legacy offerings, I said they sound too toppy. The dealer (Dave, at Audio Doctor, NJ) got mad and said I just needed the right amplifier and cables. I went home and looked at the measurements of the larger sibling speaker. I sent him the measurements. He still said I was wrong, and told me to come use the Primaluna amplifier for "synergy".

Last edited:

steve59

Major Contributor
I had the 7f, man those woofers are amazing . My dealer had the 7f on display for over a year in their main room and for anybody who thinks all amps sound the same, they need to hook them up to a pair of personas. The difference between the STR integrated and separates was obvious and the amp/per was SO much cleaner through those speakers. I felt pretty indifferent about them I mean amazing bass and resolution and these guys had them 10' away from any reflective surface, but even then it wasn't til they connected a Pathos logos mk2 that I heard the perfect speaker. Had I bought the speakers and Pathos together I'd probably still own them, but the h360 didn't make the same magic and I didn't want to jump on the merry go round again.

The Persona's have the potential to be end game speakers if you want them to.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Too much h/f when I tried them,
Keith

steve59

Major Contributor
Top Bottom