• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pair of Monitors Set Default as Rear Speakers?

SK123

A while ago, I was just browsing through my computer and realized that my pair of JBL305s were set as rear or back speakers. I was kinda surprised but didn't give it much importance as I never felt any audio issues while playing music.

Now when I run games, all the dialogue, as well as foot steps and other key audio is extremely dim. For the dialogue with a character, when I turn my back to the character, the volume increases over 3x, otherwise the dialogue is nearly inaudible for quite loud game audio settings. Rest of the game audio is really loud, such as shooting, things blowing up lol.

I tried looking up everywhere in my PC but I can't find that place where it mentioned by speakers as being rear speakers. But I am sure I couldn't change it to front speakers there as well.

The speakers are connected to Asus Essence STX II soundcard. The settings on my program are "speakers". If I click on the "FP Speakers" than their is no more volume.

Please advice how can I change my speakers settings from being rear speakers to regular speakers. Thank you.

Sk

Attachments

• spk.jpg
    spk.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom