• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pacific Audio Fest 2023

ronniebear

Alright - 5 people responded and the winner is Saturday, 5 p.m!

When I get there on Friday I'll be on the lookout for a good spot to meet and I'll update this thread.
I'll be attending Friday morning and then back on Saturday. Let's send each other messages so we can link up.

denydog

Alright - 5 people responded and the winner is Saturday, 5 p.m!

When I get there on Friday I'll be on the lookout for a good spot to meet and I'll update this thread.
I filled out the form a little while ago, so now at six people. I''ll be there Fri & Sat,

Anyone planning to stay for the live music after the show Fri. or Sat evening? I don't want to hang out alone, but my wife won't come near the show.

I used to fly to Denver every year for RMAF, but because that's no longer an option I really hope this show is a big success. I did enjoy it last year!

woofersus

Audio Company
Hey all, I'll be there with Angel City Audio in Cascade 13 if you want to say hello. We have an Eversolo DMP-A6 in service for those who want to check that out. We haven't gotten our shipment in yet but we should have all Zidoo/Eversolo products to sell soon theoretically.

alont

Forum Donor
Hey all, I'll be there with Angel City Audio in Cascade 13 if you want to say hello. We have an Eversolo DMP-A6 in service for those who want to check that out. We haven't gotten our shipment in yet but we should have all Zidoo/Eversolo products to sell soon theoretically.
I'll be sure to come by and say hello

@amirm are you going to attend? Would be awesome to meet you in person

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm are you going to attend? Would be awesome to meet you in person
Originally was going to come today but a conflict arose. Hoping to come tomorrow but still a bit touch and go.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

OP
RenSong

RenSong

I will be there most of the day tomorrow =)
Javier (Javi)

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_201957.jpg
    IMG_20230623_201957.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20230623_202247.jpg
    IMG_20230623_202247.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 45
OP
RenSong

RenSong

I might stay for that RnB show, and if they have a bar.
I filled out the form a little while ago, so now at six people. I''ll be there Fri & Sat,

Anyone planning to stay for the live music after the show Fri. or Sat evening? I don't want to hang out alone, but my wife won't come near the show.

I used to fly to Denver every year for RMAF, but because that's no longer an option I really hope this show is a big success. I did enjoy it last year!

denydog

I might stay for that RnB show, and if they have a bar.
Just got home. I stayed for the live swing band at 7:00pm, but left that at the 7:45pm intermission to head to the 13th floor Acora room for an 8:00pm after hours listening session with stories behind the recordings by Greg Weaver..

They did have a no-host bar in the lounge for the live music.

ronniebear

I attended PAF during the day, but unfortunately missed out on the live swing band due to a previously-scheduled appointment. Today, I attended Benno Baun Melgaard's presentation on speaker design and speaker set-up, which I found very interesting and thought-provoking. I also attended an equally insightful and inspiring presentation by David Soloman of Qobuz (FYI pronounced "KO - BUZZ"). I visited a few exhibitor rooms, and what struck me was the generosity and courtesy of many of the exhibitors when engaging in some small talk about music.

I will be there tomorrow, and plan to attend the evening's music as well as the 5 pm taco bar and wine sampling. Hope to see many of you around 5:00 if not sooner, and particularly hoping Amir can make it.

denydog

I attended PAF during the day, but unfortunately missed out on the live swing band due to a previously-scheduled appointment. Today, I attended Benno Baun Melgaard's presentation on speaker design and speaker set-up, which I found very interesting and thought-provoking. I also attended an equally insightful and inspiring presentation by David Soloman of Qobuz (FYI pronounced "KO - BUZZ"). I visited a few exhibitor rooms, and what struck me was the generosity and courtesy of many of the exhibitors when engaging in some small talk about music.

I will be there tomorrow, and plan to attend the evening's music as well as the 5 pm taco bar and wine sampling. Hope to see many of you around 5:00 if not sooner, and particularly hoping Amir can make it.
Glad the seminars were good. I didn't have time to catch any. Have to go back tomorrow as I barely touched the 13th floor rooms. They weren't playing the $550,000 Borresen M6 speakers both times I stopped by. They had another very nice model in the room that they were playing. I don't know if they fired up the M6's at all.

It was a long 12+ hrs day, plus a 45 min drive each way. I'll check back tomorrow to see the meetup location.

denydog

They're playing the Borresen M6's this morning. Sounds pretty good in a large room. I'd compare with the big Vonschweikerts in another large room.

AllanMarcus

So meeting somewhere tonight?

alont

Forum Donor
IMG_2139.jpeg

Starting around 4:45 I'll be hanging out in this sitting area right by registration on the first floor. Looking forward to meeting you all!

denydog

Starting around 4:45 I'll be hanging out in this sitting area right by registration on the first floor. Looking forward to meeting you all!
I'll try to hang out until then, but I'm fading fast. Got less than four hrs sleep last night.

I'm wearing a straw hat today

Attachments

• 20230624_134914.jpg
    20230624_134914.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 57

alont

Forum Donor
I'm happy to meet earlier - just finished going through all the room and now taking a belated lunch break. I'll be back in the lobby area around 4. Wearing a red Hawaiian shirt today with blue jeans

OP
RenSong

RenSong

What are you excited to see/hear? For me, The Mofi SourcePoint speakers and the Monitor Audio Gen 3 speakers. I'm also looking forward to hearing ETA headphone and internally chuckling about the Lautsänger headphones.
The mofis sounded better than the monitors to me lol

Top Bottom