• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PA5 Review by Daschund

iLoveCats

Thats funny, I replaced a NAD M10 that the dogs have been listening to for years with a Topping D90SE and PA5. I also saw the same behavior initially. The Pomeranian ignores it now but it was different enough to acknowledge.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Some switching supplies are in the 100 kHz range, which bats can hear.
I've worked on thousands of PWM power supplies that switched around 50kHz +/-. It's not or was not uncommon.

Rewind

«The average adult human cannot hear sounds above 20,000 Hertz (Hz), although young children can hear higher. (Hertz is a measure of the frequency of a sound, and the higher the frequency, the higher pitched the sound.) Dogs, on the other hand, can hear sounds as high as 47,000 to 65,000 Hz. These are sounds far too high-pitched for us.

In addition, at high frequencies dogs can detect much softer sounds than we can. The loudness or intensity of a sound is measured in decibels (dB) with 0 dB being the average intensity of a sound that can just barely be heard by a young human. So, sounds too quiet for humans to hear are given a negative decibel rating.» -A kennel association

Top Bottom