• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Outputting Windows audio to a Raspberry Pi Roon endpoint with AMP HAT

doctorjuggles

Not sure where to post this, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I have a question regarding my PC setup. I am running Roon on a headless server and my PC setup has a Raspberry Pi with RopieeeXL (and I have a DietPi build too which I can swap out). This has a Justboom AMP HAT and that's driving a pair of small bookshelf speakers. Very happy with it, works seamlessly with the rest of the Roon devices.
However, if I want to hear any audio from my PC, I have no way of allowing Windows to output to the Pi - I've tried connecting a USB cable directly to the Pi, but it doesn't work - no audio passes through.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do about it?
Would a HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP work if I ran an optical cable to it? (Seems to be an expensive solution considering that's more expensive than the original AMP HAT though)
Or are there any apps I could install on the Ropieee or DietPi that would allow the PC to "see" the Pi as a WASAPI/ALSA output? I can't find anything online, so it looks like I might need another solution, but I can't think of one - any ideas ASR?

Top Bottom