• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Output to RCA headphone amp on Gustard x16 - no signal

wimawow

Hi,

I have a gustard x16 and love it. I wanted to listen to headphones with it so I got an amp that uses RCA jacks. The Gus is connected to the Preamp using XLR. The sound sounds pretty good out of my stereo but I get nothing out of the headphones connected to the little amp on the. RCA. Does anyone know what to do to make it work?

Thanks

MacCali

Major Contributor
Hi,

I have a gustard x16 and love it. I wanted to listen to headphones with it so I got an amp that uses RCA jacks. The Gus is connected to the Preamp using XLR. The sound sounds pretty good out of my stereo but I get nothing out of the headphones connected to the little amp on the. RCA. Does anyone know what to do to make it work?

Thanks
Sometimes there’s settings in the menu which turn off output from balanced or SE(rca). Best to see if that’s the case.

If it is set only the one you use, sometimes leaving both on can cause the voltage to sag if my memory serves me correct. Not an expert here

OP
W

wimawow

thanks but sorry. No option to switch output. XLR works. It’s strange. I hope someone knows

MacCali

Major Contributor
thanks but sorry. No option to switch output. XLR works. It’s strange. I hope someone knows
On the remote control it says if you hold the dac button it will turn off volume control and put the unit in dac mode. Or if it’s already in dac mode take it out of that and see if there’s any difference.

Next if that doesn’t work try to change the digital input, if you use usb try coax or vice versa see if it works that way

Last and most simply try different rca cables

OP
W

wimawow

On the remote control it says if you hold the dac button it will turn off volume control and put the unit in dac mode. Or if it’s already in dac mode take it out of that and see if there’s any difference.

Next if that doesn’t work try to change the digital input, if you use usb try coax or vice versa see if it works that way

Last and most simply try different rca cables
That didn't seem to work. I left an email to Shenzhen audio or assistance. I hope they get back to me.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Pull the rca connector out of the Gustard and with the headphones on your head and little amp powered up, touch the center connector of the rca cable and you should hear a hum or some audible noise. If so, then the problem is most likely with the Gustard. Either bad rca outputs or a configuration setting.

Top Bottom